What have you done with your Series 2 in February ?

Started by Wittsend, Feb 01, 2024, 12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickmerry

Found the exhaust manifold cracked between cyl. 2 and 3.
'67 2a 88" Station Wagon

Dopey

Lights (LED) all round (apart from the headlights, and vent seals

Dopey

Oh.... And taxed it online, they make it nice and easy now, what's wrong with these civil servants making things easy!!!  :thud

ChrisJC

Popped into Oundle to check on the restoration of my 1820's grandfather clock.

Chris.

TimV

Our usual monthly pub-meet was augmented by a workshop visit - to the motorway services! The large car park was used to try and diagnose a clicking noise (not mine I hasten to add), but it had gone away by the time we were driving it round, but it did give an opportunity to drive each others cars.

An advantage to being a member of an area group.

Dopey

Quote from: ChrisJC on Feb 10, 2024, 03:24 PMPopped into Oundle to check on the restoration of my 1820's grandfather clock.

Chris.

It's good to see you had the time...... I will get my coat.....

Adam1958

After a week of utter poo I managed to skip into the garage to start putting the transfer case back together again. I couldn't find my spring balance, so opted for a pulley screwed to the rafters and a bit of string connected to the Avery weights off the old kitchen scales. Seemed to work a treat. I found after each tweak of the nuts it paid to tap the opposite end of the shaft with a copper mallet to ensure the outer race lost the minute amount of depth inconsistency that I'd have introduced. Now I've got a nice 3 1/2 lb gentle roll down with the inertia overcome, and a static 3lb. Pretty chuffed so off for a beer.

Dopey

Bonnet-rouge

Arrived the other day wheel nut covers from Charlesworth mouldings put one side on today, covers nuts completely as I've the double ended ones finishes off wheels nicely I think seems to be of good quality as fairly thick so should last a long time
The Earth is flat 🌎

Daisythelandie

Quote from: Bonnet-rouge on Feb 11, 2024, 06:13 PMArrived the other day wheel nut covers from Charlesworth mouldings put one side on today, covers nuts completely as I've the double ended ones finishes off wheels nicely I think seems to be of good quality as fairly thick so should last a long time

Had these for years, don't remember what make, got them from Paddocks IIRC, have lasted well 15+ years? Still grip on well and have protected the nuts.
Dave & Daisy the Landy, 31 years of ownership and still smiling.

Littlelegs

I removed the radiator, water pump and thermostat housing from the 2a. The radiator is going to the local shop to see if it can be re-cored. The water pump is well seized and needs replacing so a new one will be sourced. I also need to work out if the combination of nuts, studs and bolts are the correct fittings for the pump.

The thermostat housing suffered a snapped bolt necessitating the removal of the rocker cover so I could wind out the bolt still attached to the housing. It looks like it could take a bit of persuasion to come out.
1963 Series 2a 88 petrol

simonbav

I made my two sets of sun visors ready for cutting the leatherette prior to sewing.
1961 88" 2286 petrol truck cab
1971 109" 2286 diesel station wagon

Birdsnest55

1965 109" 200TDi with a 5 speed gearbox and 3.54 diffs.

simonbav

1961 88" 2286 petrol truck cab
1971 109" 2286 diesel station wagon

Mike T

Finaly fitted the tow bar. Painted last week. Just need a couple of new R clips the old rusty ones just don't look correct.