News:

It's Spring Time   ... 

Main Menu

Estasil Jump Starta

Started by John, Jul 30, 2023, 11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

I have bought one of these units, it seems to claim starting cars with a flat battery from a 13amp plug, does anyone have the instructions for one of these units ???
Used to be "oilstain" on old forum

John

pictures of this little treasure :confused
(not tried it yet as want to avoid any damage)

ChrisJC

Surely you just turn it on, apply to battery terminals, and turn the key!

It doesn't seem unreasonable - I expect it's just a huge mains transformer and a couple of diodes.

Chris.

John

I may be over thinking this but do you conect to the battery, turn on the ignition, plug it in, press the starter button, if it starts, unplug, disconect from the battery, does it matter if you plug it in before turning on the ignition ??? or...

Alan Drover

Connect to battery, earth on last, switch on and pray engine starts. If it does, switch off booster, disconnect earth first and hope engine keeps running.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Peter Holden

On modern cars you are advised to connect the earth cable to the earthing point on the body not the battery when jump starting.  I need this advice when using my land rover to start other cars

Peter

Alan Drover

Quote from: Peter Holden on Jul 31, 2023, 06:00 AMOn modern cars you are advised to connect the earth cable to the earthing point on the body not the battery when jump starting.  I need this advice when using my land rover to start other cars

Peter
I always use that method whatever vehicle is being jump started. It means that the donor vehicle battery bypasses the recipient vehicle battery.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Richard

I have a similar contraption. Schumacher DSR109. I connect the leads to the battery + and - (tried chassis first, but didn't work), wait for the thing to charge the ultracapacitators from the emptyish battery (not below 8 V), max 2 minutes, start the engine and disconnect again. Works a dream. Here's a video. (The first time a Youtube video takes more time to watch than for the item or procedure showed to be used...). And here's the theory behind in.
Rchard
'64 S2a

Richard

Quote from: Richard on Jul 31, 2023, 09:53 AMI have a similar contraption.
Sorry, maybe not as similar as I thought. Yours is a mains operated starter. (Scroll down to Product focus, the More info button opens a File Not Found.)
Richard
'64 S2a

John

Quote from: Richard on Jul 31, 2023, 10:05 AM
Quote from: Richard on Jul 31, 2023, 09:53 AMI have a similar contraption.
Sorry, maybe not as similar as I thought. Yours is a mains operated starter. (Scroll down to Product focus, the More info button opens a File Not Found.)
Richard
Yes it is a mains type with a 13amp plug, I do in the past seem to remember these and think I looked at this type in machine mart many years ago but perhaps not this make but I think this make also had a caravan 12 volt plugs in a box like this that you could plug into the mains and power all the caravan items