News:

The nights are drawing in now ...

Main Menu

What's your Landys Name ?

Started by Ben2a, Oct 24, 2023, 07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danwooller

Pamela

After the character Jason Bourne calls at the end of the first movie who he says looks tired.

Gritstoner

We've put extensive effort into naming our fleet

The 80" is known as the, er eighty
Sharon's SWB IIa is called the 2a
And the 101 is the truck

We probably need to get out more!

You could call the 101 "FC"

Exile

Quote from: Gritstoner on Nov 06, 2023, 07:36 PMWe've put extensive effort into naming our fleet

The 80" is known as the, er eighty
Sharon's SWB IIa is called the 2a

Calling your Land Rover by what it actually is, works until you have a One O Nine Station Wagon.

That's a mouthful.

These need a shorter name..... :coffee

GAHC

Penny.... named by the kids only because an age related half penny rolled out of the screen demister when i took the bulkhead off and turned it upside down

I had a card parking ticket in d not pence in the gutter above the front screen.

Vehicle is NOV71 and decimalisation in uk was 15/02/71 was their a grace period when the likes of parking machines had to swap over?

DogDave

The 2B came with the name Betsy, I think from the reg BTV, so has kept that

The 3 is called Lindy the Landy,

I wouldn't bother but the girlfriend names every vehicle to the point even named a hire car we had for a week in Majorca, and it's easier to go along with it.

Boston109

I bought my 2a at a field auction in the village of Branston in Lincolnshire before dragging it out of said field and shipping it over here to Massachusetts.  So we call it Mr Branston.

I will confess there have been times when I've been working on it and have referred to it with a less than polite name as the occasion called for.  Changing suspension bushes was one such occasion.
1965 2a 109 RHD

Alan Drover

Bit of a pickle then.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

simonbav

Quote from: 2286 on Nov 08, 2023, 12:41 PMI had a card parking ticket in d not pence in the gutter above the front screen.

Vehicle is NOV71 and decimalisation in uk was 15/02/71 was their a grace period when the likes of parking machines had to swap over?

Haha, here's hoping they haven't heard of compound interest
1960 88" 2286 petrol truck cab
1971 109" 2286 diesel station wagon

Herald1360

Isn't the ticket in question the one you display rather than the one you got for not displaying?

One that you purchase to park, not a penalty notice.

About the half the size of a domino, with thick paper/card feel to it.

It is from welshpool or newtown where the first farmer owner used to go to market.

101v8

Generally our landrovers would have been called by their wheelbase, so it was the 80, the 101 and the roadless (my brother already had a proper 109). But since I've had kids they're now known as Landy, the army truck and the monster truck.
William
You cannot view this attachment.

Birdsnest55

I sold my 90 to a friend, she calls it Joe.

Paul
1965 109" 200TDi with a 5 speed gearbox and 3.54 diffs.