I feel the beat of rain
The wind, an icy blast-
The nights are drawing in.

Main Menu

Merry Xmas

Started by Bigdog, Dec 24, 2023, 07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigdog

Merry Xmas everyone and hope you all have a great 2024, hopefully now that I have finished building my own house I can finally get my series 2a 109 ex military on the road 🎄🎄👍

Larry S

And a Merry Christmas to you and yours as well!
'63 SIIa 88 Station Wagon named Grover

Mpudi: So how did the land rover get up the tree?
Steyn: Do you know she has flowers on her panties?
Mpudi: So that's how it got up the tree.

Domeheadrivet

Merry Christmas everyone. Hope you all have a lovely day.

:hinges
1966 Series 2a 88" LHD Station Wagon

BigLee

Merry Xmas to all.  

What did we all get then? Pictures needed. 🎄🎄🎄🎄

diffwhine

Wearing my Acting Chairman's hat, I want to wish all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. We have a lot to look forward to next year and in particular our 40th anniversary. Let's make sure it's a good one!

One of my New Year's resolutions is to get my station wagon up and running in time for the rally next summer. It might be a stretch, but I'll have a good crack at it!

Hopefully most of us won't spend all the holiday fixing or building Land Rovers. I have heard from some that there's more to life, but I'm not so sure.

Enjoy!
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Alan Drover

Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to all.
Land Rover rest day today. Walking to the pub at lunchtime.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Peter Holden

Merry Christmas all, I too have a new years resolution, that is to get my spreadbore engine built and fitted to a modified S3 gearbox.  I just need a few more parts before I start the build

Peter

Alan Drover

I don't make New Year resolutions then I can't break them.
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Mycroft

Merry Christmas all. I've given myself a day off from tinkering, but couldn't resist an extra coat of paint on my turnbuckles and another citric bath on some stubborn metalwork. Thanks for all the companionship, wisdom and nonsense through 2023 - as daft as it sounds, I really needed the company :gold-cup
1964 88" Canvas Top ACR Petrol
1979 88" Truck cab Petrol Series III

Alan Drover

I appreciate the companionship of the forum too. I resisted the temptation to fit a new tank fuel sender unit today while the level is low enough to do so.
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Larry S

Merry Christmas from Kansas!

And to quote Tiny Tim, "God bless us, every one!"
'63 SIIa 88 Station Wagon named Grover

Mpudi: So how did the land rover get up the tree?
Steyn: Do you know she has flowers on her panties?
Mpudi: So that's how it got up the tree.

Exile

Quote from: diffwhine on Dec 25, 2023, 08:05 AMHopefully most of us won't spend all the holiday fixing or building Land Rovers. I have heard from some that there's more to life, but I'm not so sure.

Does painting a 2lt diesel engine today qualify as entering into the Christmas spirit?

Richard

As for Christmas spirit, I sold the garden ornament formerly known as Range Rover Classic this morning. The buyer will turn up Thursday to collect it. I took off the cover, gave it a little wash, got rid of some fungus, started it and drove up and down the gravel path a few times. Even a to and fro in low range. For a non-car it makes a lovely burbly car-like sound. It's a wrench, but it had to go sometime, so why not Christmas time... Four thousand euros, and I can keep the engine, the autobox and the LPG-system. They will dismantle it and send the V8, 4HP22 and LPG-system neatly wrapped up on a pallet back to me.

Some two weeks ago the Discovery went. The MOT turned up yet another visit to the welders, and after 11 months of Statutory Off Road Notification – about the only off roading the Disco ever experienced :cool  – I, well we, decided the time had come to part company. We had it since January 2001. Nearly 23 years. Our Car for Everything. End of an era. Sniff :'( 

I'm left with only one Land Rover, the S2a...

Happy Xmas all.

Richard
'64 S2a
'85 RRC

Peter Holden

Santa has been vvery kind to me, be brought me an engine crabene a couple of weeks ago and today a piston ring clamp. Plus the most important bit a message fom my wife tht I can buy whatever is needed to sort the spreadbore engine and get it fitted and running - the best Christmas present ever but I dont think she realises the cost

Peter