News:

... and the sky is grey

Main Menu

Sunvisor

Started by Mike T, Jan 04, 2024, 05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Drover

On my Series 3 the driver's side sun visor is a Defender but the passenger side is a Series 3 as 2 Defender visors won't fit across.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

island dormy

Hi Mike

Here are a few more pics for you.
 The original rod is 8mm and the rod goes all the way through the top of the sun visor stopping about 1/4 inch from the end.

Victor

* Note this is for the 1962 (dual wipers) and it is very simply to attach the 69s windscreen frame is different.

1962 Dormobile in the family since 1964
1969 NADA Dormobile 2.6L #800 out of 811 NADAS built

simonbav

Hi Victor,

those are incredibly useful pictures. Thanks for your responses. I'd forgotten how useful a sun visor is, especially in low winter sun, since I've not driven mine in over ten years. But now its approaching road-worthiness again two sunvisors will be very useful additions.

I owe you one (or two!)  :cheers

Cheers,

Simon
1960 88" 2286 petrol truck cab
1971 109" 2286 diesel station wagon

Peter Holden

Sun visor tip
applied to your daily driver too, on cold frosty mornings put your sunvisor down , it helps to keep any warm air near your windscreen and stop it from misting up

Peter

island dormy

Hi Simon   Your welcome glad to help, I've sure been helped lots on this forum.

Hi Peter   I actually tried that sun visor trick a couple of days ago it does help to defrost the window quicker.

Victor

malcolm

Something from a morris minor is very similar, will take a pic of mine tomorrow.

malcolm

simonbav

Quote from: island dormy on Jan 18, 2024, 01:09 AMHi Mike

Here are a few more pics for you.
 The original rod is 8mm and the rod goes all the way through the top of the sun visor stopping about 1/4 inch from the end.

Victor

* Note this is for the 1962 (dual wipers) and it is very simply to attach the 69s windscreen frame is different.

I've just taken delivery of 1m x 8mm stainless rod to start making my own set in black vinyl or whatever other colour I can get  :cheers-man

diffwhine

1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Mike T

Just a thank you to 2 members, Scotty who supplied the Visor and Victor for the measurments of the bar needed to make the bracket. All fitted makes for a bit safer driving with this low winter sun.

island dormy

Hi Mike

It looks good, your are a quick worker.

Victor

John

I have a pair like this in my 11a that I bought years ago at a "Old Sods Sort Out" I was told by the seller that they came out of a Series, but thinking about it he would when asked if these came out of a Series :shakinghead

(sorry its so dirty in my 11a)
Used to be "oilstain" on old forum

Scotty

Quote from: Mike T on Jan 24, 2024, 10:14 AMJust a thank you to 2 members, Scotty who supplied the Visor and Victor for the measurments of the bar needed to make the bracket. All fitted makes for a bit safer driving with this low winter sun.
Your welcome Mike, Glad it's found a new home and great to see it fitted already  :cheers Paul (Scotty)

simonbav

My first is coming on, courtesy of York Men's Shed this morning. Corner radii from a large can of WD40. :cheers-man

Calum

I've got Rover P4 sun visors in both the S2a and the S3 and I've at least another pair on the shelf for the 86"... they're a dark purple tinted perspex so you can see through them which is handy, but mostly they can swivel and cover the side window too which is the biggest problem with the later LR Series ones in my opinion.