News:

... and the sky is grey

Main Menu

VERY OT ... 602's new electric Hyundai.

Started by w3526602, Jan 26, 2024, 05:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theshed

Quote from: w3526602 on Aug 16, 2024, 04:27 PMHi

I think I already mentioned elsewhere that my car was "clipped" while parked outside my daughters house. I didn't know until arriving home, and finding my bog black bumper hanging on by just a couple of screws.

I just told the main dealer to come and get it. Give me the bill, as I don't want to lose a life-time of NCD.

Not a good idea. Several days later, car was returned. Barbara didn't even blanche, just handed the bloke her credit card.

£7,000.

We won't go there again.

Typical main stealer price. It would take a lot of NCB to recover that.
Hope ownership improves.

diffwhine

I have run several Land Rover main dealers. Even a Range Rover Sport Stormer bumper kit wouldn't have cost that much! I'd love to see the invoice that justifies £7000 for a bumper replacement. The speed of turnaround clearly shows there can't have been a lot to do, so I can't help feeling that this is a rip off.

Even the loss of a NCB wouldn't cost that much surely?
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

582LTR

That price does seem to be a little opportunist and perhaps abusive of the circumstance and client. A phone call requesting a quote from another dealer for the same work or a simple request for justification does seem reasonable. If you are not happy, I would presume that there is someone higher in the food chain that you could have recourse to.

w3526602

Hi,

I am still unfit to be allowed out on my own. The price was actually £700 (seven hundred) pounds.  Doh!

Bur worse than that, the document was actually a reciept, not an invoice.

Barbara had obviously paid the bill by phone, while I was travelling to, or from, my daughter's, and also, it now has deep "Cherry Blossomy" shine.

diffwhine

That's a bit more like it! £7000 was way off the mark, hence all our collective concerns.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Theshed

£700. Much more palatable.
Given that my 24 year old Mondeo bumper cost near £300, not so bad.