I feel the beat of rain
The wind, an icy blast-
The nights are drawing in.

Main Menu

The all new Spotted thread.

Started by Kev, Jul 20, 2023, 08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Ham

A few recent spots.  The first is in South London.  According to the neighbour the owner is not much seen and the vehicle hasn't moved in the twenty years she's lived there.  Looks like a decent station wagon.  I wonder about the steelwork.  I'll try and get a better look next time.  Under the tarp is a Willys.

The second was moe recently in North London.  That in the foreground is mine, the vehicle in question is under the tarp.  Looks to be Series 2 with spoked steering wheel and inboard headlights.  Anyone on here?

Exile

I have a particular liking for Limestone Station Wagons.

Alan Drover

OT, not a Land Rover, but something very unusual.
A Schwimmwagen complete with rear propeller.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Space-Kook

Do series 3 count?
Just got to Devon and immediately saw one.
1969 2A
1968 2A LWT

Gordon Lowe

Driving out of Cornwall last week in the Audi I spotted a LWB 2a heading into Cornwall it wasn't till it got level with us that I realised it was my old land rover.  We live in lincolnshire and the LWB  has just been sold by the chap who got it from me to a couple in Yorkshire.  What are the chances of that.  :RHD  :gold-cup

simonbav

Quote from: Gordon Lowe on Jun 29, 2024, 10:46 AMDriving out of Cornwall last week in the Audi I spotted a LWB 2a heading into Cornwall it wasn't till it got level with us that I realised it was my old land rover.  We live in lincolnshire and the LWB  has just been sold by the chap who got it from me to a couple in Yorkshire.  What are the chances of that.  :RHD  :gold-cup

Serendipity and synchronicity, Gordon. Two of my favourite words  :cheers
1960 88" 2286 petrol truck cab
1971 109" 2286 diesel station wagon

Kev

Spotted today in deepest Northamptonshire.😉

diffwhine

Belongs to one of us! Just been fully restored and a job well done.
I sold the base vehicle. The new owner has worked wonders with it.

That vehicle has belonged to S2C members for many years, so it's nice that it's stayed in the family.

Hopefully the new owner will be persuaded to write something for B2L about it, as the amount of effort to get it to that stage is commendable.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Kev

Mr. Roosterrs I believe.😁👍
I met him today.

Herald1360

Did it perchance spend several years on trade plates before it was registered?

Looks like an anachronistic reg from when vehicles simply got a current year rather than age related plate when they were first registered.

Roosterrs

Quote from: Herald1360 on Jun 29, 2024, 09:53 PMDid it perchance spend several years on trade plates before it was registered?

Looks like an anachronistic reg from when vehicles simply got a current year rather than age related plate when they were first registered.
No first supplied to the armed forces, then registered when it was released. It's an early 2A, 1962.

Alan Drover

Again OT but extremely rare. An Ariel 3! A 3 wheel moped from BSA in the early 1970's and I'll admit I had one briefly.  Absolutely dreadful and I gave it to a mate and surprisingly MLU 410L still exists today.
They had 2 wheels at the back and the front wheel and handlebars were on a beam which pivoted from the box which contained the 49cc engine and automatic transmission and 2 rear wheels.Truly a dreadful experience after riding motor cycles but nowadays being super quirky (rubbish) they've become classics. The one I saw must be local as nobody in their right mind would go very far on one.
I've still got the handbook that came with mine.
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Seanlandy

Just leaving home yesterday and saw this lovely example just driving out of a side road. A bit of detective work, still clearly on choke, and found it again today. Series 3, I assume but may be a club member.

Alan Drover

According to DVLA records it's a 1973 petrol engined vehicle manufactured 1973 but first registered with DVLA in 1979. Last V5C issued in 2023.
The engine capacity is given as 2247cc!
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Seanlandy

Recent new owner then. Thanks for your info. I may have to have a walk round. 5 mins.