Wittsend's Smiley Library

Started by Wittsend, Feb 24, 2024, 02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wittsend

Browse hundreds of the best smileys you'll find on the internet ...

Wittsend's Smiley Library

You can copy the URL and paste into your forum posts.

Exile

I've tried that, but it pastes the whole page rather than the smiley I want.

What am I doing wrong please?

https://series2club.co.uk/2023_new_forum/Wittsends_Smiley_Library/index.htm

2DieselMan

on Wittsend's Smiley Library - Why is the Date in the American Format?

Beowulf

I`ve tried the "Save Image As" and "Copy Image" and then attempted to "Copy & Paste" onto a Forum Reply, but nothing appears, and when I Right Click on the image or address bar, the option to "Copy the URL" isn't listed  ???

Several times in the past, I've nearly asked about the Emoji library on the old forum, there were some good ones. My favourite being the head that suddenly went into shock horror, open mouth and hair sticking up on end. The photo shown here gives the general likeness. Something like it is listed here on Alans Library - als5.jp.g, but it appears to be static so doesn't have the same effect.

Having this new library is a great idea, I just can`t make it work though  :thud

Fred
2A Or Not 2A, That Is The Question ~ William Shakespeare

Wittsend

It's difficult and complicated.

To get this effect we draw a sequence of frames - like a cartoon - and these are put together into an animated gif file, so you get the movement.

A .jpg file will only show a static image - just the last one in the little sequence.
Also, the image show is much larger than what you get in real life.

You have to edit the file ... als5.jpg to als5.gif and then the image/smiley works.

stoneman

Alan - it works ok for me, Many Thanks & at least we have something now to cheer us up!

Stoneman.