News:

April showers   ... 

Main Menu

What you did with your Series 2 in March

Started by Wittsend, Mar 01, 2024, 12:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Holden

Nothing physical but agreement from the insurance company with the updated agreed value after sending in photos of YOD

Peter

diffwhine

Not my Series 2 - somebody else's as usual.  :thud

200tdi engine - battling with two studs sheered in the front cover behind the water pump. Bruised and battered. Neighbours have learned some fresh Anglo Saxon today... Will attempt another go at it next week.

Why will nobody fit these things with anti-seize compounds? There also isn't a lot of room in there in a Series engine bay.

Front cover will come off once I've made a puller for the camshaft gear.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

andyjb

Did a run out with a few other members. Started at Longridge and ended at Wray via Slaidburn Bentham Dent on towards Kirkby Stephen and back via Sedbergh and Kirby Lonsdale. Even hit an altitude of over 1750ft. Nearly 140miles by the time I got home. Was good to have a run out.

Alan Drover

Quote from: TimV on Mar 09, 2024, 04:20 PMWhen I got home, the road tax was due for renewal, I braced myself for the bill - Zero - a nice feeling.
My VED reminder arrived today too. Great to see a single round figure due, zero.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Alan Drover

"Ça plane pour moi!"

gcc130

I also received my CLR in the post yesterday, along with two Landrover Road tax reminders, one zero, one for£320🙁 Hey ho, take the rough with the smooth......

Adam1958

Got home from work a bit early, had half an hour to spare so swapped my alternator adjuster. I could never manage to get my fat little hands, a pair of spanner's and a little lever in there without lots of colourful language... so I ditched the slotted hole/bar thing for a turnbuckle and rose joints. Not exactly oem I grant you.
But now I don't need a dark room and blood pressure pills.

Exile

Dismantled the water pump.

The amount of pressure it took to shift the fan hub off the spindle, was huge.

Managed to press the spindle and bearing out of the pump without cracking the pump casing - that's a bonus!

Next is pressing the impeller off the spindle.  Having been on there for over 60 years I don't expect it to give up without a struggle!

Dazzerpig

sort off land rover related, picked this up today from the bay, slightly less than £50,feel like i robbed the bloke.

Exile

Quote from: Exile on Mar 11, 2024, 06:52 PMDismantled the water pump.

Next is pressing the impeller off the spindle.  Having been on there for over 60 years I don't expect it to give up without a struggle!

Update.

The impeller did give up without a struggle.

It snapped and broke in half, at the slightest hint of pressure on the spindle in the centre. :mr-angry 

I may have a NOS one somewhere....

Larry S

I wasn't happy with the way Grover's trop top vents turned out, so I've started sandblasting them in order to start over.

'63 SIIa 88 Station Wagon named Grover

Mpudi: So how did the land rover get up the tree?
Steyn: Do you know she has flowers on her panties?
Mpudi: So that's how it got up the tree.

simonbav

I knocked up a few sill panel brackets. Not bad for an hour's job, plus a template for the other two
1961 88" 2286 petrol truck cab
1971 109" 2286 diesel station wagon

Littlelegs

I painted a few bits and bobs, the radiator surround, starter body, air filter elbow and rocker breather cap. Also removed a very dirty Solex carb.

Having looked at the carb, and not ever having stripped and rebuilt one, I'm tempted to send it off and get it fully cleaned and fettled. At some point someone has broken the vacuum pipe which was joined with flexi pipe in 2 places. They've also broken the little nut that goes in the carb body and seems to hold the pipe in. I don't want to wreck it so think it should go to someone who can sort it. The short rubber pipe that connects to the air cleaner has also melted internally at some point and dripped around the carb. I managed to get most of that off. Sort of productive and none productive today😂
1963 Series 2a 88 petrol

Alan Drover

Swapped the tailpipe metal mounting bracket for the stainless steel one. The rubber part is ok as it was a new assembly fitted Thursday 14th March. Just the centre one to replace now while I can still roll around under the Land Rover.
"Ça plane pour moi!"

andyjb

Second time this week I've had to unexpectedly jump in the land rover to go to work, because the car wouldn't start. However today I'd also to go over to the Union office in Warrington as well. So a good run all round.