News:

April showers   ... 

Main Menu

Wiper blade position

Started by Bigdog, Mar 26, 2024, 06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wittsend

If you bought a recent wiper motor then the bonus is that it will likely have the extra brush which will give you the 2-speed function - normal and bonkers fast.

:RHD

Bigdog

This is what I got, does it get wired the same way, earthed to body etc and reduced to 10v or is this normal with the plug etc, I know you sent the diagram before wittsend but your detailed description the last time really helped me, thanks

Wittsend

Good, that's the correct motor for the age of your 2A.
It has the 2-speed function if you so wish to make use of it.

You will need the correct dash switch as found in the Series 3s, this will give you:-

1) wipers at normal speed
2) wipers at fast speed
3) screen washers on, non-latching switch action.

And you'll need an extra wire from the dash switch to the wiper motor's terminal block.

Bigdog

This is the switch I got, it's just knowing what colour fits where

Bigdog

Sorry but where does the extra wire go, does the loom that plugs into the motor not have what I need, also does it go through the voltage regulator like the other wiper motor I have as before

diffwhine

The connections are in the wiring diagrams in the website technical section. The wiper motor takes a standard 12V feed - it does not require the use of the voltage regulator - thats only for the gauges.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Bigdog

Perfect as I have a permanent 12v lead ready to go, just the rest I need to figure out

Wittsend

Bigdog

Sorry just realised I got this plug in loom which has slightly different colours

diffwhine

You can still easily work it out from Wittsend's wiring diagrams.

Bigdog

I have 4 wires and one earth wire from my plug and a 12v feed, its just knowing where to plug what wires where on my switch etc, sorry for being stupid

diffwhine

Wittsend's diagram above shows the connector locations on the plug for the motor in your harness and also where those wires go. If Wittsend's image is correct, you should be looking at the face view of the connector.

Bigdog

Yeah I know and I am sure I will eventually work it out but just wondering where it relates to on my switch , I have 2 prongs on the top, 2 on the side and one on the bottom, does the 12v feed go to the bottom one etc, thanks to everyone for being patient with me

diffwhine

Each one of those prongs should have a number beside it - 1-8. Once you can see numbers, you can work out the connections.

Wittsend

This is how you wire the dash switch for single speed wipers ....