News:

April showers   ... 

Main Menu

Wiper blade position

Started by Bigdog, Mar 26, 2024, 06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigdog

Thanks wittsend but I have different colours, don't think I have any numbers on them and there is only five prongs

diffwhine

There may be only five prongs, but there will be 8 locations where prongs could be. There should be numbers on them - look closely!
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Bigdog

Ok I will look again tomorrow, thanks for all the help

Bigdog

What if it isn't numbered

diffwhine

You cannot view this attachment.

diffwhine

Seriously though - somebody is bound have one with numbers they can photograph for you.

Bigdog

So I had a look with a magnifying glass and seen the numbers on it, they aren't numbered individually, for example no1 , no7 and no8 on there own, no3 and 4 is one prong and no5 and 6 is another one, I wired it up to what I think going by previous advice and the wipers does one full rotation then just blows fuses, here is how I have temporary wired it up, excuse the wire colours it's only temporary

diffwhine

1) What is the part number of the switch you have bought?
2) Can we see a photo of the rear of the switch with all the wires removed so we can see what terminals are fitted.
3) Can you confirm which coloured wires you have correspond with the ones in Wittsend's diagram?

If its blowing a fuse after a full wipe, we must have a dead short in the park circuit I would suggest.

Post the above information and we will see what we can do.

Serious Series

Bigdog

I think I have only one wire that corresponds and that is green, here is the switch and my wire colours from the plug in loom, the colours are green, blue,red and green, brown and white and black

diffwhine

Can we see a proper photo of your switch showing all the connections face on from the rear?

Bigdog

That's the only picture I have just now, it only has the 5 electrical spade connectors you can see in the picture, pretty sure when you look at the picture the top 2 are no 7 and no8, then working your way down it's 5 and 6, then 3 and 4 then the one you can just see is no1

Bigdog

Not sure if this one helps

Bigdog

Does the switch itself get earthed

Serious Series

This is my wiper motor the black wire goes to earth