News:

April showers   ... 

Main Menu

Forward facing rear tub seats question

Started by carrownisky, Mar 27, 2024, 11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

carrownisky

Hi any one know the vintage of these seats please. Think I got them out of a series 3 years and years ago - but they are far too comfortable for a series  :cool (not really a newbie member no 2749 :-) )

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

Alan Drover

They could be from a County Station Wagon.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Wittsend

Nothing to do with seats, but as you've told me you are an S2C Member I have upgraded your forum account.

"Newbie" refers to how new you are to forum postings, nothing to do with how long you've been in the club. After 5 posts your forum status will change, the posts you make the further up the ladder you move.

:hinges 

diffwhine

Exmoor trim used to do a forward facing seat, but there was never a factory option until 2007 Model year Defender.

Somebody else used to do them - I just can't remember - was Trackers a separate outfit in the past?
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Twomokes

Trackers was the same family but a separate company. The seats were either them or Craddocks
The old days are the old days only because there're gone and won't be back.

carrownisky

Thanks all will do some more searching

Ratty2A

There was also another company that I'm sure made them - I think they were called BLRS - they had an advert in LROi with a cartoon character rather crassly called "Bat Fastard" (I'm not using a euphemism there - that's how it appeared in print). They were a common advertiser in early/mid 90s copies of the magazine. Not sure if they became another company or if they ceased trading but for a long time they were a main upholstery supplier for the LR community, like exmoor today.