News:

April showers   ... 

Main Menu

New Door Seal Found in Tub Compartment

Started by James Ham, Mar 27, 2024, 10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Ham

Today I found this door seal in the back of my 109.  I knew there was something in the compartment with a cover but had never really investigated.  It's just under 30ft of door seal.  Considering the dubious history of the vehicle - off the road for 25 years and evidence of being grown in by ivy - the previous owner must have intended to fit this a long time ago

It still looks ok to me so it could get used.  Not sure how much it costs from that supplier in the B2L article in seals.

I've been posting more lately.  The reason is I'm on leave to focus on the 109 for a few weeks.  I have a totally one track mind at the moment and can't seem to deviate from Series 2s!

jkhackney

Nice find! Some say chassis bushes are the worst repair, but I vote for door seal replacement (when it's done with metal inserts and rivets, anyway).

On my Swiss-export S3 fire department 109 Station Wagon I found that the rear toolbox had never been opened. It was full of papers that had been used at the factory to smear glue onto the various trim components. The papers were lotto tickets featuring the players of a (the?) Birmingham football club. Mustachioed and sideburned heroes of the pitch from 1972. Some photos had been defaced with ball-point pen: glasses had been added, or blacked-out teeth, devil horns etc. Funny little time capsule of a day on the assembly line.

-Jeremy