News:

Spring time   ... 

Main Menu

Quiet out there on eBay

Started by geoff, Mar 31, 2024, 06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geoff

Just nosing as you do on eBay in case there is anything you fancy for your Land Rover ....

anyway it just seems rather quiet out there.

I reckon the new HMRC reporting rules for digital sellers is beginning to bite a little though eBay seem to be doing their best to counter the " Martin Lewis Effect "

They have been offering selling with zero sellers fees for 2 months coupled with some good propaganda Lol !

geoff

anyway its a Sunday evening and its time to get back to my eBay browsing .... I might even find something I fancy / don't really need

Good luck with you finding / buying / selling  :RHD

malcolm

All the good stuff is gone.
There is things I should have bought years ago and things I regret selling on ebay.

Rusty66

Ebay (for me here in Germany) is mostly useless these days. There are other, more low-key and private buy and sell sites, though, that I occasionally find something. And there even is a Landrover jumble close to me coming up end of April like in the good old days.

IMHO eBay killed themselves with their priorisation of professional sellers and high fees.

diffwhine

I agree on eBay.
I sold a pair of early 110 door tops on eBay recently and was horrified to find that having sold them for £760, I incurred nearly £100 in fees. Absolute rip off in my view.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Ken

Looking at who owns eBay it includes Blackrock and Vanguard group, 2 of the 3 biggest investment fund management companies in the US. Blackrock manages 46 million shares and overall handles something like 10 trillions worth of funds. May explain something of why selling fees are so high.
A perfect opportunity for someone to star ebay 2 !  :ranting