What you did with your Series 2 in April

Started by Wittsend, Apr 01, 2024, 11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GHOBHW

well I was out tinkering and waiting for someone to show up, then a 'man' in a scrap van screeched to a halt outside the house and asked me if the land rovers are all scrap, expecting him to be joking I laughed and said no....but he was serious, then went on to tell me "councils got removal orders for them all" "they need to be taken away"...I assume that works with old ladies or something. not sure if he expected me to run out and hand him to keys to the land rovers or what ???

told him no they don't and he pulled a face and off he went, maybe it works on some people or something, never seen anything like it, no shame or anything. parking the van in front of the gates for a few weeks now :coffee

needed to type this somewhere as I was amazed someone was so brazen with talking crap. never seen anything like it, had quite a few snooping around the past few weeks though, not a care in the world if they're caught in places they aren't meant to be, "just looking for scrap" as they're climbing over fences, looking in windows and bending shed doors...

anyway, in the end I got the tick over a little better since I changed the lift pump :RHD

Youngun

Continued arranging a place to move, store and restore "Flos"
I have a place but now working out cover/shelter situation... currently there is none.

At this rate the rebuild will be the easy bit :thud

Neal

simonbav

I put a dozen rivets into my rear tub repairs yesterday that I could reach with my two hands, with eleven remaining which require my mate Bill's assistance (notwithstanding the missing tub support) before it can go back on the vehicle and the rest of the bodywork follow. So tantalisingly close after five years of single minded, painstaking attention that in terms of time sacrifice I've questioned my sanity more than once. Step by step by step by step. With no more work possible on the tub I started marking out parts for an ali centre seat box tool tray.

I found a wren's nest alongside the rear tub which was a nice surprise.

Incidentally, I noticed another nest, possibly a robin, in a photo of the old rear cross member I took on dismantling four years ago.
1961 88" 2286 petrol truck cab
1971 109" 2286 diesel station wagon

Jeff

Friday I fitted "MudStuff" ABS door cards to the 2A, very smart but quite a bit of trimming (other than the accepted passenger door lock hole) had to trim quite a bit to get over the door top bolts and more for the door check rods.
Jeff

1971 Series 2a
ex Defender Td5
Ex Defender 300 Tdi
Ex D4
Ex D3
Ex 1969 Series 2a

Seanlandy

That looks a tidy job. I will be doing mine at some point in the future.

Seanlandy

We just show people like that a window full of our German Sheps. Tends to do the trick.

jeichhorst

Removed FW2 wiper unit from 67 2a SWB. Disassembled, cleaned out all old grease, greased and reassembled. Tested great. No new parts required, even the cork gasket was in decent shape. Light coat of paint and back in the vehicle.

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.0]FW2 a.jpg[/attach]

Seanlandy

Great job. Nice when something goes to plan.

Dormy

Bought insurance. Need the L/R when we get back home Fri 3rd, as car has no MOT and couldn't be fitted in until Tue 7th due to bank holiday weekend.
"I'm sorry for the man who hears the pipes, and who wisnae born in Scotland."

steifbear

I finally have CliVE back on the road following the discovery of a leaking core plug behind the timing chest on my 200tdi!

Toby helped put it back together!

I was able to take the opportunity to tidy a few things up under the bonnet including putting a new Ali rad in as my copper end tanked rad was stolen from the shed while CliVE was in bits. The Ali rad is from ebay and arrived in 2 days and was £10 more than a britpart plastic tanked one!

A quick run out to check over everything completed and now planning a much needed repaint!

Pete-with-a-V
CliVE - 1965 - LWB - Series 2A - 200tdi - LT77 - P4x4 - PopTop - Camper.

Bonnet-rouge

Last leg of journey this morning , back home 1200 miles with no problems . Roof off tomorrow so can put in garage .  :pedal
The Earth is flat 🌎

Alan Drover

Oiled the throttle linkage and the accelerator pedal pivot points with Drylube silicone oil.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Peter Holden

Went to the funeral of a good friend in Sheffield and brought back my 1958 rad which has been pressure tested and had the brackets straightened

Peter

Seanlandy

Picked up a series tailgate for my light weight. Yes, I know it's not right, but it is a damn site better than the cut in half 90 door. Had to swap the tailgate pins over as the are in a slightly different place and need some tweaking. Looks better though. Interestingly the colour under the pin bracket looks like the shiny original, rather than what it is now. Whatever colour that might be.

Adam1958

My normal work car was out of action, so have been cutting about in the 88, it's made a tricky day a real joy. That's the power of old cars I guess.