News:

40 days and 40 nights of rain 

Main Menu

Insurance (Presurance)

Started by 582LTR, May 12, 2024, 06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

582LTR

I am starting the process of getting Maurice registered. One of the things I need to sort is insurance. Can anyone who has been through this process, or in the know, suggest a company who understands this situation so that I can gain insurance, then get an MOT and then be ready to approach DVLA.

Regards

James

Landyowner11

Footman James will offer restoration insurance. I've have a few insured just on the chassis number with them until I have them registered.

Old Hywel

If the vehicle is not registered, it can be insured for the road on chassis number alone.

JohnR2

Have you thought of applying to have it registered and apply for exemption from MOT at the same time? Form V112 - i've done this and am just waiting for the result.

582LTR

Quote from: JohnR2 on May 13, 2024, 02:36 PMHave you thought of applying to have it registered and apply for exemption from MOT at the same time? Form V112 - i've done this and am just waiting for the result.
I did think of this, but I will be bringing the vehicle to me in France and I think having an MOT will make it easier to use here until I get the French equivalent. Thank you though.