News:

40 days and 40 nights of rain 

Main Menu

Welder recommendation

Started by Space-Kook, May 13, 2024, 04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Space-Kook

I'm looking for a good welder please, it's not a small job but I'm not in a rush.
I've tried a few local places and so far nobody will poke it with a stick, so thought I'd cast a wider net.
Anyone know of anyone between Devon and Surrey please?

Thanks
1969 2A
1968 2A LWT

diffwhine

And its all my fault as I've too much work on and I've knackered my shoulder. Otherwise I would have done it! Its actually pretty simple - just some sheet metal work and fitting some Les Cromie footwells. Not a difficult job, just needs to find the right person.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Peter Holden

What have you done to your shoulder Mark?

Peter

Seanlandy

Why not buy a welder and learn to weld for the next time you need a job doing? Still, it's a bit poor you can't find anyone in your area to have a bash.
Are Les Cromie the footwells of choice? I was wondering where to get some for my 2a LW, although I gather they are a bit different so a series 3.

diffwhine

Quote from: Peter Holden on May 13, 2024, 06:12 PMWhat have you done to your shoulder Mark?

Peter

AN ongoing historic injury not helped by heaving box loads of heavy Land Rover parts over the past few weeks. I haven't even started moving the engines yet!  :thud

Peter Holden

Quote from: Seanlandy on May 13, 2024, 06:37 PMWhy not buy a welder and learn to weld for the next time you need a job doing? Still, it's a bit poor you can't find anyone in your area to have a bash.
Are Les Cromie the footwells of choice? I was wondering where to get some for my 2a LW, although I gather they are a bit different so a series 3.

Les Cromie are good, if not available then Gordon Furness a member on here under his business name catmint

Seanlandy

Thanks Peter. I shall have look. Having just removed the steering box, the offside seems okay ish for now. The nearside has been patched, patched and patched again, so I think it will need doing at some point. At least there are fewer things attached. I keep reading about mud shields. Should there be some under the arches then?

nathanglasgow

If you were near to Glasgow I'd do it for beer money and consumables . Need to develop a wee side gig to help with one's impending early retirement lifestyle.

diffwhine

It would be worth sending it up by courier on that basis.

Space-Kook

Hi Nathan, that would be an absolute star move if you're up for it.
I'll shoot you a PM.
1969 2A
1968 2A LWT

nathanglasgow

If you can get it and the necessary repair panels up to Glasgow I'll be happy to weld it up. No where near concours /show standard but structuraly sound. Cheers Nathan