News:

World Land Rover Day   ... 

Main Menu

Battery recommendations

Started by gregj47, Apr 13, 2024, 08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gregj47

Hi again folks I'm needing a new battery for my truck and alas since my refurbishment started the old battery has gone the journey. I was wondering if anyone can recommend a particular type / model number etc with the appropriate cca /ah rating ? If anyone could oblige I'd be most grateful.
Many thanks

Wittsend

Petrol or Diesel  ???

Standard LR engine or something different

:big-battery

Halfords will do a good deal if you have a trade card and you get a long guarantee.

My usual advice is to get the biggest battery that will fill the battery tray/space.

Plenty of battery suppliers on eBay who will deliver the next day.

:battery

gregj47

Hi yes sorry it's an 88" petrol under bonnet battery . My battery tray is in storage somewhere so hence why I am needing model number or size of battery to proceed. TIA
👍

diffwhine

Its worth considering the location of the positive terminal. Try to get a battery with the positive pole away from any possible chance of it coming in contact with the bonnet prop when the bonnet is shut.

https://www.tayna.co.uk/tools/battery-wizard

For negative earth Series 3 vehicles, the standard battery is an 069, but I find the terminals end up with the positive terminal inboard at the front which means messing about with cable routing. An 068 is a similar battery with what I think is the safer terminal layout.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

gregj47

Thanks for that . Am I to take it a 068 has an inboard positive terminal at the rear ?
I'm coming from positive earth to negative with a new loom so that info is definitely helpful

Alan Drover

Have a look at Tayna Batteries website.
With a Series Land Rover amp hours isn't so important as CCA because there is no drain on the battery with the ignition off. Get one with at least 800 CCA.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Dopey

https://www.lincon.co.uk/ You cannot view this attachment.