News:

Summer is here ...   

Main Menu

ALAN's UPDATE TO 602

Started by w3526602, Apr 14, 2024, 04:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wittsend

Quote from: geoff on Jul 08, 2024, 08:08 PMPopping clogs and " knowing " .... tell your designated person to use the " tell us once " service, makes life ( sic ) easy  :cool

Sound advice ...

Alan Drover

I just hand my prescription to the pharmacy at Boots in the town centre, they send it to the surgery then text me when it's ready along with the repeat prescription. It's a free bus ride into town or an easy walk.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Theshed

Whilst we're 'having a go', my wife has been suffering reoccurring Cellulitis for several years now. Apparently it can be treated but not 'cured'.
At it's worst she was in Hospital for ten days and had 'Hospital at home' for a further seven.
We now know when it is coming on and how to treat, sounds simple ! Early intervention antibiotics is the answer.
We go local walk-in, wait, get referred to A&E, see reception, wait. See Triage, wait. See Doc', wait. Moved to 'in-patient', wait. Given ward, wait. See Doc, wait !
Now, at each point we explain what it is and anti-biotics will have it sorted in hours. Each point involves a long wait.
So by the time she is actually seen by a Ward Doctor it is too late and an in patient she becomes.
What makes it laughable and frustrating is when it is to late, they all say. "Well you know if you had got antibiotics sooner" !   :thud
It seems the NHS like making work for it 'self.  :confused

That said, couple of years back I had a cancer scare. From making appointment to having Surgery was less than two weeks and included the Surgeon returning after hours to give me a consult at 8Pm on a Friday.   :cheers

Wittsend

No joined up thinking  :shakinghead

You'd think that they would look at your medical notes and issue a course of pills.

Perhaps if they are bringing in the pharmacists you might be able to get antibiotics over the counter.

Too many middle managers floating around.

Here's (sic) a good one.

I used to go to the audiology dept at the hospital for my mum's hearing aid batteries.

You sit and wait in a corridor for your number to be called out  :thud  :thud  :thud
The people are there because they can't hear .... makes you weep.

:nurse

Peter Holden

I have just had a shingles jab.  I have part 2 in December

Peter

Theshed

Quote from: Wittsend on Jul 09, 2024, 11:13 AMNo joined up thinking  :shakinghead

You'd think that they would look at your medical notes and issue a course of pills.

Perhaps if they are bringing in the pharmacists you might be able to get antibiotics over the counter.

Too many middle managers floating around.

Here's (sic) a good one.

I used to go to the audiology dept at the hospital for my mum's hearing aid batteries.

You sit and wait in a corridor for your number to be called out  :thud  :thud  :thud
The people are there because they can't hear .... makes you weep.

:nurse

Well, now she has managed to 'con' the system. With a bit of conniving she received an extra set of antibiotics which she keeps as a 'rescue' pack.
When symptoms start she takes these, makes appointment with GP who prescribes more which she then keeps...
It has worked on the last two occasions. 🤞
Crazy to think that this simple task keeps Wife out of Hospital and several visits.

geoff

Antibiotics ..... do you know anyone with emphysema ??  They could be a good source of A/B's

My wifes friend has this disease - all self inflicted by many many fags a day over years - she still smokes  :thud  :thud

Anyway she can get A/B's from the Doc on request due to her history so when she feels a chest coming to get her she just telephone orders a script and away she goes .... she also has a decent stock as well.

Useful person to know, my cat had infection and needed A/B's but the quack wouldn't prescribe due to age ??? 20 yrs old so we asked the friend and she said yes.

Thanks Christine !!!

We crushed one pill and divided it into 7 doses ( according to weight dosage requirements ) and began the treatment.

In two days the cat was brighter and in a week was perfect. .... he went on to live another year till 21 yrs of age  :gold-cup  :RHD  :RHD

The quack Vet was happy for him to croak