News:

April showers   ... 

Main Menu

What should be here?

Started by Seanlandy, Apr 16, 2024, 02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seanlandy

Hello. I have been wondering about a panel under the rear wheel arch of my 2a LW. Someone has put in some serviceable panels as per photos, but I am sure there should be something proper.
Craddocks do an under arch one, but think this may be the front arches.

https://www.johncraddockltd.co.uk/335681-jc3-mudshield-under-wing-lh-airportable.html

Len

Landrover Len 210
Hi , some lightweights had a small box built under there to store the screw type jack,
The same size box went into some 88 & 109 military veh.

gcc130

The tool box was mounted in the rear of the nearside arch, those pictures show the front of the wheel arch.

diffwhine

On Series 3 LWTs (later ones anyway), there was a revised bracket there to provide a reinforced seatbelt mounting through to the chassis.

You cannot view this attachment.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Seanlandy

Nothing obvious for this reinforcement bracket on mine. I do have the tool box at the rear on the nearside. Presumably, there should have been a tool box on the offside

diffwhine

Standard position for the tool locker was left land rear before it moved under bonnet on Series 3. The bracket I showed above only came in on late Series 3. Until then, that area was just open.

Wittsend

My 1969 2A LWT has the tool locker under the passenger side rear wheel arch.

I keep the jack in there.

:RHD

Seanlandy

That's where mine is. Exactly the same place. So what is there on yours forward of the rear wheel?
Nice colour by the way.

Wittsend

... just empty space.

(Coniston Green)

:RHD

diffwhine

Nothing goes forward of the rear wheel.

gcc130

Usually a large build up of mud!

Seanlandy

I am wondering if previous owner cut up the tub bulkhead. The panels there are clearly not original, but seem to match the brackets. Would the bulkhead have incorporated this.
I suppose given the work ahead of me, it's a minor thing.