News:

Plans are available ...  Genesis 6:19

Main Menu

What did you do with your Series 2 in May ?

Started by Wittsend, May 01, 2024, 12:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunga Din

Bumbled through the country lanes this morning to collect a gearbox. Finally found the farm tucked away down a very narrow single track lane. Had a great chat with the seller, all things vintage from Land Rovers to Routemaster buses, all whilst enjoying a very nice mug of tea. Waited for the rain to stop and then loaded up.

simonbav

That's a neat g'box cradle you've got there GD. Beats it rolling and sliding around in the back.
1960 88" 2286 petrol truck cab
1971 109" 2286 diesel station wagon

Dormy

Quote from: Space-Kook on May 26, 2024, 08:27 PMWent to the Rover Social this morning.
Some poor guy with a jeep turned up, his friend invited him but didn't mention it was a land rover event.
There was an interesting stretched s2.

Is it stretched ?
Could it be a 109 with the bulkhead moved back to the station wagon rear seat position (look at the door). Wonder if it has a big engine under that long bonnet ?
"I'm sorry for the man who hears the pipes, and who wisnae born in Scotland."

diffwhine

There was an article about that heap in one of the LR magazines relatively recently.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Peter Holden

Travelled back from the camping weekend at Jerveaulx Abbey, the weather was mixed but YOD seemed to go really well. Better than me anyway.  Now need a pair of wiper blades.

Thanks to Gordon and Wendy for organizing

Peter

diffwhine

Finally, I managed to find some time to do some work on my own Land Rover for once.

4 hubs stripped, rebuilt with new Timken bearings and new hub oil seals. All the stub axles stripped, cleaned and new distance pieces fitted. Both swivels stripped, new chrome balls and rialko bushes fitted. Set up to work at a 13lb pull.

Dead chuffed - got a lot done today, so had to tell somebody about it...

You cannot view this attachment.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Space-Kook

Quote from: Dormy on May 27, 2024, 01:05 PM
Quote from: Space-Kook on May 26, 2024, 08:27 PMWent to the Rover Social this morning.
Some poor guy with a jeep turned up, his friend invited him but didn't mention it was a land rover event.
There was an interesting stretched s2.

Is it stretched ?
Could it be a 109 with the bulkhead moved back to the station wagon rear seat position (look at the door). Wonder if it has a big engine under that long bonnet ?

Looks like you're absolutely right, it's a 109. https://www.carandclassic.com/l/C1695854
Engine shot at 1:05ish https://youtu.be/GMkVapoCkc0?si=xPozbegpyWNhJVYg not as impressive as the real deal, but still kinda cool.
1969 2A
1968 2A LWT

Eskvalleyboy

Today I had a wire wheel and red oxide primer session on the rear crossmember as it was starting to be a bit scabby.

simonbav

I repaired my broken overdrive selector shaft.  :RHD 
And caught a bee swarm  :confused
1960 88" 2286 petrol truck cab
1971 109" 2286 diesel station wagon

Gunga Din

Quote from: simonbav on May 27, 2024, 07:04 AMThat's a neat g'box cradle you've got there GD. Beats it rolling and sliding around in the back.

Thanks, certainly makes it easier to shift about and work on.

Dopey

Put the wings on (not an easy job, having to cut them away to fit the power steering) It's starting to look like a Land Rover again

Dopey

Gunga Din

Replaced the rubber seals on the truck cab. Used the helpful advice from Wittsend and purchased an affordable, handy little tool off the net. Both sides done in under 20 minutes with no drama. Now for the rear window runners.

Littlelegs

I acquired a reasonable seat box with rails, a frame and runners on the driver side. Stripped the frame and runners off and gave them a clean up. I'll clean up the seat box in due course. Probably add a tool box under the centre seat and passenger too.

Also removed the Smiths heater matrix, had it pressure tested which it passed, so a bit of a freshen up too.

Cleaned and painted the water pump pulley whilst I was at it.
1963 Series 2a 88 petrol

Alan Drover

Collected new spark plugs from the garden machinery shop for one of the mowers and the pressure washer. The same NGK (B2- LM) for both with a very short reach so not obtainable from a motor factor.
My dog walk route was blocked by a road closure so I worked my way to the other end and the kind man there let me through to get to the track where I exercised the 4wd system again as well as the dogs
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"