News:

Plans are available ... 

Main Menu

109 v 88

Started by Bigdog, May 18, 2024, 07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beowulf

I think there is some logic to those figures. Could it be that some owners feel their 109s are less user friendly on todays busy roads and thus put them on the road for shorter periods e.g. when they actually need to use them ???

Also worth bearing in mind is the time of year that you check those statistics, a great many classic vehicles are off the road on SORN during the winter months, thus those numbers will naturally fluctuate and you'll see a recovery in the summer  :RHD
Fred
2A Or Not 2A, That Is The Question ~ William Shakespeare

NoBeardNoTopKnot

Nah,that logic could be flipped,we want a 109 all year round because it's MORE useful? If we want an 88 for 'sunmer posing', your logic stands.  Both are correct.

Reckon I've got it... SORN makes no differnence to status for a classic. If you've a roadworthy classic you don't need to SORN?

In 1995 graghs show roughly 33% were 109s. The scrap rate has to be higher for 109s to be at 20% today. The SORN rate indicates higher attrition. More of those 109s on SORN don't exist than 88s on SORN.

We're seeing attrition. Which'd be why the lines meet for the 88s, and stay parrallel for 109.

Eskvalleyboy

Hello Folks,

thought I`d chuck my views in the pot,

We have both a 109" and 88" both used weekly if not daily throughout the entire year, I find the 109" far more comfy to drive long distance and slightly more useable being a van body with a roof rack, that said the 88" is the preferred greenlaning vehicle because its a hard top with windows and having seats in the back.

Both still very useable vehicle's in this day and age, personally I`d prefer the 109" purely based on the fact that she's been the only vehicle I`ve owned since 2015 and I`ve grown comfortable with her.