News:

Plans are available ... 

Main Menu

Started by OrangeLandy, May 26, 2024, 08:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OrangeLandy

L.s.,
Being a new member, a short introduction. My car is a series 2, 01-01-1960, chassis 144006196. Recently restored and registered in Holland, though I live in France. Also a member of the Dutch Land Rover Register. I will start reading and following the topics here. See you on the road.
Peter Dijksterhuis / OrangeLandy2024 on Instagram

Richard

Welkom/Welcome Peter,

France is a rather broad concept. Whereabouts in France are you?

Richard
(Doorn + Metz)
'64 S2a

OrangeLandy

Beste Richard,
We wonen in Tourrettes (Var 83) en hebben een chalet voor de zomer in Nederhorst den Berg.

OrangeLandy

Stupid me, in English.
We live in Tourrettes (Var 83) and we have a chalet in Nederhorst den Berg.

Mycroft

Morning Peter, got a photo of your Landie?

By the club truck database, I reckon yours was built in July/August 1960 - does that sound about right? It's very nearly the last 1960 LHD petrol 88" we know about.

Welcome to the club!

James
Vehicle Database Officer
1964 88" Canvas Top ACR Petrol
1979 88" Truck cab Petrol Series III

Richard

Quote from: OrangeLandy on May 26, 2024, 09:09 AMStupid me, in English.
We live in Tourrettes (Var 83) and we have a chalet in Nederhorst den Berg.
Quite the trip in a sixties Series :cool
Richard
'64 S2a

OrangeLandy

Quote from: Mycroft on May 26, 2024, 09:28 AMMorning Peter, got a photo of your Landie?

By the club truck database, I reckon yours was built in July/August 1960 - does that sound about right? It's very nearly the last 1960 LHD petrol 88" we know about.

Welcome to the club!

James
Vehicle Database Officer

The car is originally from Norway. On the registration from there the date says 01-01-1960. We are busy to get Heritage document.

OrangeLandy

Many thanks for your reply.How do I post a photo?

Mycroft

Quote from: OrangeLandy on May 26, 2024, 10:16 AMMany thanks for your reply.How do I post a photo?
Hit 'Reply' rather than 'Quick Reply, then you get an option at the bottom of the post area to upload a photo/file. Try to use one below 1MB or trim it to that if you can as otherwise it can hit difficulties.

OrangeLandy

diffwhine

That's certainly orange! Looks great - tell us about that rather smart looking 109 Station Wagon behind as well!
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Mycroft

What is it about Orange Landies in France! There's another member over there who keeps buying Landies and painting them orange!

Looks great tho  :cheers-man

Richard

Quote from: OrangeLandy on May 26, 2024, 10:40 AMTest foto
Nice. I've seen that one, I think. One of several orange Series Land Rovers at JM Classics... Are you going to import it to France? Behind it is a Series 2 6-pot (notice another orange Series in the back). Up until recently for sale at a whooping € 34.750...
Richard
'64 S2a

Wittsend

&  to the Forum.

:hinges

Exile

It is going to be no surprise if a Dutch-owned Land Rover is painted Orange. :)