News:

40 days and 40 nights of rain 

Main Menu

Badges and Plates?

Started by Seanlandy, May 27, 2024, 05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wittsend

2A LWTs have the same chassis cab plate as per other civvy 2A models.
Problem is they carried on making 2A LWTs (headlights in the grille) for some time into Series 3 civvy production. Series 3 LWTs would have Series 3 chassis cab plates.

On top of that there would be an MoD contract plate.

An extra complication is that the LWT in the picture above ^^^ has a heater. Can't tell at this range if it is a LWT flat heater or a civvy one. Most LWTs came without heater, so this one could be a PO addition ???

A heater reduced the places where these cab plates can be fitted.

When it stops raining I can go out and photograph where they are in mine.

Space-Kook

Let me know if you'd like the s3 plate back Mark! :)

The heater is a PO addition on this one, it's suffix A as in the pdf above, only missing the tyre life plate.

Are you able to expand on lightweight heaters please Alan? I thought they were the same, would be good to know which is mine.
1969 2A
1968 2A LWT

Wittsend

All I know - have heard - (never studied it) is that the military LWT heater, the flat box is slightly different because of the bulkhead being different in the centre and "parcel" self lack of.

Proper LWTs had artic heaters fitted for duty in northern climes.

:RHD

diffwhine

I don't think any of the initial contract came with heaters, but I need to check the Lightweight book to confirm
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Wittsend

To be fair with the 8-blade (hurricane) fan going I find you get a lot of residual heat thrown back into the cab - not toasty warm in the depths of winter, but warmish and a bit too much when/if we get any hot summer weather.
You miss out on not having any screen demisting.

BUT ... I have fitted a pair of electric heated screens to solve that problem  :gold-cup

22900013A

Quote from: Wittsend on Jun 11, 2024, 12:05 PM2A LWTs have the same chassis cab plate as per other civvy 2A models.
Problem is they carried on making 2A LWTs (headlights in the grille) for some time into Series 3 civvy production. Series 3 LWTs would have Series 3 chassis cab plates.

On top of that there would be an MoD contract plate.

An extra complication is that the LWT in the picture above ^^^ has a heater. Can't tell at this range if it is a LWT flat heater or a civvy one. Most LWTs came without heater, so this one could be a PO addition ???

A heater reduced the places where these cab plates can be fitted.

When it stops raining I can go out and photograph where they are in mine.

According to Mark Cooks lightweight book the lamps moved to the wings in late 1969, a little after on civvy models, but certainly were not still in the grille on series 3s.