News:

Get ready for the heat wave  ...

Main Menu

What you did with your Series 2 in June

Started by Wittsend, May 31, 2024, 11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wittsend

Tell us about your Series 2 action today ...

:highway_code

Betsy1969

I found a nut from a seatbox securing bolt on the drive yesterday, must have been there at least 2 years because it's that long since I had my seatbox out. Strange because it's a block laid drive and we walk up and down that bit several times a day to the fridge / freezer in the garage. It was rusty but I'm sure with some Mannol rust remover it'll go again.

Peter Holden

Fitted  anew pair of windscreen wiper blades from Charlie Emberton

Peter

simonbav

Quote from: Betsy1969 on Jun 02, 2024, 08:31 AMI found a nut from a seatbox securing bolt on the drive yesterday, must have been there at least 2 years because it's that long since I had my seatbox out. Strange because it's a block laid drive and we walk up and down that bit several times a day to the fridge / freezer in the garage. It was rusty but I'm sure with some Mannol rust remover it'll go again.

I was amused to read on the Mannol rust remover web blurb, the following:
Shake the balloon well before use.

Okaaaay, and that has what to do with rust removal?? Tch, I do wish people would keep their private habits private! :)
1960 88" 2286 petrol truck cab
1971 109" 2286 diesel station wagon

Betsy1969

Can't comment on the balloon situation but I know it's very good stuff.

Betsy1969

Got Betsy out of the garage ( started first turn after pre-heat ) and went to our local wickes for 4 600x600 concrete slabs a bag of gravel and a bag of compost. She rode nicely and drove well. My first trip out in some time , possibly since last year. Put a smile on my face as usual. I really must make more time to use her.

Wittsend

They do ride well/better with some weight on board  :gold-cup

simonbav

I fitted the passenger side sill, front part, trimmed and drilled the fabricated brackets to suit. Repainted a portion of the chassis before bolting the seat box in place, Duralac between the ali and galv/sheradized fixings. Test fitted the old floor panels and decided to make new. Test fitted one of the old Mini seats versus the deluxe seat squabs and backs. I've a bit to do before I reinstall the loom but that's the next big chunk.
1960 88" 2286 petrol truck cab
1971 109" 2286 diesel station wagon

Mike T

Painted and made the brackets for the rear mud flaps that were part of the group purchase. I decieded to go with the same colour as the wheels. Or to be correct my wife decided which colour to use.
 Which have been stored in the attic since 2019.

Old Hywel

Careful how you phrase things:
'The wife.. been stored in the attic since 2019.' People could get the wrong idea.

Old Hywel

Working on a petrol engine recently, that hasn't run for 15 years that I know of. While no expert on carburettors, I thought it best to at least evict any spiders in residence in the famed Weber 34 ICH. The filter (to left of float) contained a fair bit of dust, the float bowl only a trace.
The tiny coil spring that flips the choke flap has disintegrated, where do I look for spares?

Alan Drover

Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Gareth

Very satisfied to get this out!

Adam1958

Been tickling away welding this gear lever back together. It was a series 3 one, I just bent it to match the S2 and threaded the top. 

Wittsend

Good work.

For anyone wishing to "convert" a generic S3 Britpart gearstick to an S2/2A style, here are the measurements you need:-

:RHD