News:

40 days and 40 nights of rain 

Main Menu

new member , me , looking for a 2 or 2a

Started by BEAR1, Jun 06, 2024, 06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BEAR1

greetings looking for a series 2 or 2a , or lightweight , for normal everyday use , an 88 hart top windows /or full canvas , with over drive  , petrol or diesel , whats about please , have been looking , but alas the right one eludes me thought i had found the one  but alas ! , thanks bear1 Blackburn Lancashire or near it

BEAR1

thanks for such a warm welcome to the site , its been wonderful with the responses ,,

DogDave

Welcome to the forum and hope you find what you are looking for.

Please be patient though, lot of us work full time so it's not like there is an SLA on responses.

Probably worth posting your request in the wanted section in the classifieds so anyone thinking of selling will come across it.

Richard

Hi bear 1,

Welcome  to the forum – and, erm, bear with us ;-)  What DogDave said, we're not online all the time. And besides, your question was quite specific and most on here are happy to keep the Series 2(s) or 2a(s) they own. Keep an eye on the Series 2 for sale section, you'll not only find the odd member who wants to part with his Series, but also Series 2 for sale elsewhere, on auctions, ...

Richard
'64 S2a
'85 RRC

diffwhine

Welcome!
We are seeing a few long term members hanging up their spurs so to speak and offering their vehicles for sale. As a result some really good ones crop up through this forum and the Club's Facebook pages. Obviously the Club cannot endorse any offering for sale, but it is potentially a safer route to sourcing one than on the open market. Often existing Club members may wish to offload to an enthusiast rather than a speculator so better deals can be had on here.

There is a lot out there and there are also a lot of over-priced duff ones... :thud  If you have the technical and product knowledge to make your own decisions, all well and good. If you are not sufficiently knowledgeable or confident, please do ask for help. There are plenty of experienced members in your locality and many will be happy to help and offer advice. Likewise, the Collective on here are great at adding their pfennig's worth which could save you a great deal of time, bother and cost.

I take it you are fundamentally after a sound running vehicle which just needs routine ongoing maintenance?
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

BEAR1

sorry for being so rude , but hello , my rudness seems to have worked , , let me start , been into and used Land rovers since being in and leaving the royal navy , history 1 series 2 88 , fitted 4203 rr dif 2x series 3 ,hard top and station wagon , petrol 1x 2.6 109 station wagon , 2 rr classics 1 converted to lpg ( not good )1 defender 110 csw 200 tdi (should never have sold ), 1 disco 2 ( ok when it would start ), 1 freelander 2( computer didnt know it had a fault) , , i am now in a position as retired looking for 2,2a,or lightweight  a car with no brain exept the drivers !to use i have lost my workshop barn due passing of good friend so looking for a good one not a dooerupper  , lost faith in landrover electrics ecu, and stuff years ago forced into the hands of Mitsubishi , my daily drive is a shogun sport 4 , dont stone me ! live in Blackburn ( someone has to)   

Wittsend

The S2C NW area are very active ... watch out for their pub meetings. Members may know of likely vehicles for sale ???

:RHD

s2c-08616

My pal has two for sale. I think 1971 and 1973. Excellent condition, as far as I know. I got my 2A from him, so highly recommended!  Pm me for contact details.
Jessie - 1964 SWB 2A.

JohnR2

I found facebook Marketplace the best place to look - no commission for the seller to pay so more room to haggle. Then you just have to use your experience/research to pick the one you want. Prices seem lower than usual at the moment right accross the vintage bike/car market (cost of living?) so don't be afraid to haggle hard. I got 20% off mine.

BEAR1

yep dune ebit and facelook market , not much about up north west dont want to travel the uk ! , what i have looked at well , still looking know what im after , sounds daft but the right one at the right money , 

BEAR1

Quote from: s2c-08616 on Jun 09, 2024, 10:08 PMMy pal has two for sale. I think 1971 and 1973. Excellent condition, as far as I know. I got my 2A from him, so highly recommended!  Pm me for contact details.
Quote from: s2c-08616 on Jun 09, 2024, 10:08 PMMy pal has two for sale. I think 1971 and 1973. Excellent condition, as far as I know. I got my 2A from him, so highly recommended!  Pm me for contact details.
has he a 2a rag top listed on ebit , there is one near by to your location

s2c-08616

Could be. He has two, but probably easier to sell each rather than together. He's in Udny Station.
Jessie - 1964 SWB 2A.