News:

Get ready for the heat wave  ...

Main Menu

my search has been failing

Started by BEAR1, Jun 18, 2024, 01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BEAR1

so looking at a series 3 , will i still be welcome !

Wittsend

We're not proud, we'll take anyone on the forum and club  :gold-cup

You don't even have to own a Land Rover product!

BEAR1

thankingmuchley  warm words ! but its a 1975 so not as old as some

Alan Drover

I'm a Series 3 owner with a 1975 88 hard top petrol and I've been made extremely welcome. There's no proper club now for us Series 3 owners.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

andyjb

I'm a series 3 owner to. 72plate and this club has more than made me welcome. Make sure Dave Marrin North West Area Rep has your email and look out for the events we do. I'm over in Chorley but was brought up in Blackburn.

whitehillbilly64

I have come out the closet to tell you I have 3, S3's.
The 77 One is my Daily.
But I have a couple of S2 projects and an 80 Inch which my current project......

Archie

Interesting light positioning on the wings
Archie

NoBeardNoTopKnot

Quote from: Wittsend on Jun 18, 2024, 01:56 PMWe're not proud, we'll take anyone...

See that, we've no shame. We're series floozies. Go with anyone, and don't ask for respect in the morning.

whitehillbilly64

I just added lights where PO made the holes.
Side lights correct position for 53, I believe.
Plus, if you enlarge pic the two wings are different.

whitehillbilly

BEAR1

still loking , would be good for dealers to tell you its not finished and no test drive before viewing , well had an afternoon in Howarth and dinner in one of the pubs kept swmbo happyish  coming back from outside Bradford to view a blocked in 1975 lightweight ! !

Wittsend

It takes time to find a suitable vehicle/project ... you have to be patient.

A bit like buses ... all of a sudden several turn up at once.

I'm currently looking for something, but the likely prospects are very distant. The chances of finding something local at the right price are slim.

:3_buses

BEAR1

all the time now retired , with swmbo in control of where to go , so could be some more overnight trips

Exile

Quote from: BEAR1 on Jun 19, 2024, 02:49 PMstill looking , would be good for dealers to tell you its not finished and no test drive before viewing ,

There are one or two notorious Dealers not so far from you, who you would do well to avoid.

If you are thinking of buying a particular Land Rover, I would suggest you run the vehicle and the Dealer through here first.

It might save you heartache later.....

JohnR2

Are you looking on facebook marketplace? that's where I found my S2

BEAR1

yep , looked on facebook and e bay and a few dealers in the north and wales , and local