I feel the beat of rain
The wind, an icy blast-
The nights are drawing in.

Main Menu

La Salle Dashboard.

Started by Alan Drover, Jul 04, 2024, 10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Drover

I've been looking at another club forum and someone has posted that he's having trouble fitting a La Salle dashboard to a series 3 diesel. I've looked on La Salle's website and no dashboard is listed.
Has anyone come across such an item?
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Richard

I found a few hits on LaSalle and dashboard, but from 2009 and 2011, and only references to the LaSalle dashboard, but no links or photos. And there's this picture by LaSalle on Instagram in 2017...
Richard
'64 S2a
'85 RRC

Theshed

Only LaSalle console trim I have seen previously was those overhead pocket things. Like on Disco' 2, but bigger.

NoBeardNoTopKnot

As my prior posts I'm a big fan of their headliner offerings - dare I say LaSalle make a very decent solution.

Only, I hazard there's good reason you can't find too much info on their dash:

All you need do is see one. Worse still, have one fitted.

For behold best beloved - 'tis a rare sight. The aborted love-child of a menage-a-trois twixt Disney's Cinderella castle; the white-plastic doors of houses where the whole postcode 'pens' of Paco Rabanne; a 'Fisher-Price activity Centre'. Then spray it black.

The solution to a problem that didn't want solving, someone didn't know when to call it a day. They did door-trims at the time. Mahoosive LA SALLE logos, in case you forgot where you got them. Schnice.

Fine if you must,  if you like that sort of thing... me? I'd stop right there.

Alan Drover

That explains why the owner of the Series 3 can't get it to fit.
Thanks for the info. However I won't be passing it on because although I'm on the forum of that particular club I've vowed never to post anything.
"Ça plane pour moi!"

GlenAnderson

If I understand correctly, the original "La Salle" was bought out by the current proprietors a while ago and, when that happened, they dropped the door trims and the dash from the range. As has been said, the dash was truly hideous and I would be surprised if more than a handful were ever sold.

diffwhine

I reckon there would be a market for refurbished s3 top dash panels. Maybe the lower ones as well.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Alan Drover

Don't suppose you've got a reasonable Series 3 top dash Diffwhine? Mine's a bit tatty. I did see one at Newbury last year but it was too rusty.
"Ça plane pour moi!"

diffwhine

Unfortunately no... That's what got me thinking. I've got a Series 3 to rebuild at some point and I have the same issue.

Adam1958

I friend of mine is building an S3. And he has exactly that problem. Both dash parts are kippered. One beyond repair I'd imagine. It surely couldn't be a hard part to make?

diffwhine

We've had a discussion on here about this before. The trouble is the original method was vacuum forming of the dash in a mould. Not an easy thing to replicate. I have a dash here as a test unit. I'm thinking of bonding some 4 way stretch black textured vinyl to the existing top after having filled the splits and gaps. Let's see...

Alan Drover

Let me know if it works and how it's done, please.
"Ça plane pour moi!"

NoBeardNoTopKnot

Quote from: GlenAnderson on Jul 05, 2024, 03:21 PMthe original "La Salle" was bought out by the current proprietors a while ago and, when that happened, they dropped the door trims and the dash from the range.

Yes, being a tad one-trick pony, I get the idea the door & dash was the previous owner's bid for a range-extension.

Suspect the customer-base is no longer self-confessed 'grumpies'... ie Series-owners. What with a bulk of coilers running black-out windows mit obligatory surburban-snorkle, top-knot; beard mirror-trimmed for 20 mins; wrap-round shades... hints of metro-sexual. Yup, eyes left, that's him.

Serious Series

Here are some pics of my dash repair

Serious Series

I have some more pics but struggling to attach them here.
I used 4 way stretch vinyl and made some formers to help glue the vinyl around vents.
The vinyl had to be primed with a special primer and I used contact adhesive.
Had posted it on LR uk at the time maybe easier to veiw there
https://www.lrukforums.com/threads/dash-crash-pad-repairs.263716/