News:

Summer is here ...   

Main Menu

Got a favour to ask - Norwich

Started by pinkspider, Jul 25, 2024, 06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinkspider

How do all,

After a very long hiatus from Series 2 ownership, I'm finally in a position to start my search for one to call my own again.

I have a big favour to ask of anyone in the Norwich area - I've seen a 2a I like the look of but I have two disadvantages of going to view prospective purchases...

I'm a girl and I don't feel confident with poking and prodding a chassis 😂

Very happy to provide beer tokens or what have you in return.

Thanks!

Alys :)

Exile

Genocache

Hi Alys, Welcome back! Sorry I can't be there to help. If no one steps up my advise is the just own it! Go there with a flashlight and a screwdriver and hammer and poke all over, pretend you know what you are doing. If you see something that concerns you take pics and ask the owner. Bring the pic here for answers. We . well most of us started out that way. Good hunting!

GlenAnderson

Peter Holden

Welcome back
We have club members in the Norwich area, hopefully one of them would have a look for you

Peter

Rusty66

I'd say the bulkhead must be "poked" just as meticulously as the chassis. As it might even be a bigger pain to sort out. I'd also look at wiring and mechanicals, of course, if you don't plan a major overhaul. A 40+ year old Landrover is prone to have some issues unless it's been very well kept or has had previous work.
I wish you good luck with finding a helping hand, if not, maybe we could compile a little guide for you what to look for. Also, as they are quite similar, a S3 owner or even a 90/110/Defender one might be of help? You could also drive the car to a garage to have it looked at. There was the famous "Norfolk Garage" in one of them Landrover magazines, IIRC. Fake name but real mechanic (Glencoyne/R.Hall, 20miles from Norwich).

Alan Drover

Norfolk Garage and Richard Hall are in LRM.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

richardhula

+1 for Glencoyne Engineering run by Richard Hall based in Banham, Norfolk. He may know of a good one that's been under his care.
Regards, Richard

gormless_greasemonkey

Another + for Richard at Glencoyne and I am sure he would be happy to help, although I would offer him a 'consulting fee'. Where is the vehicle? If it's south of Norwich I am also happy to help...without a consulting fee!

Tom

Gosh, it's been a while since I've seen that username! Must be 10 years or so!

Welcome back! Great to have you aboard again.

Sorry I'm not close enough to help.

Dormy

Hi Alys,

Welcome back to the forum (and maybe soon to be) S2a ownership.

Let us know roughly where the L/R is located and someone will help. I am still near Brundal so if it's this way give me a shout.

We still meet every first Tue. but now at Little Melton and don't forget the annual get-together at Fakenham next month - with or without a L/R.
"I'm sorry for the man who hears the pipes, and who wisnae born in Scotland."

Wittsend

Hi Alys, welcome back.

I'm still around (just).

I'm a bit busy till the middle of August as I'm helping to organise our club rally at Fakenham.

Trying to think up some tricky quiz questions.

Now, if you are looking for a SWB camper conversion, I might have something  ;)

:RHD

yakcam

Hi Alys,

Just seen your posting.

Happy to help with a vehicle viewing.

I'm in Hackford, NR18 9HW near Wymondham.

PM me if/when you like.

Kind regards Chris