News:

... and the sky is grey

Main Menu

Wiper arms and blades

Started by Boris60, Aug 06, 2024, 05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boris60

Afternoon everyone,
Currently trying to get the last of the bits done on my 1960 series 2 restoration. The vehicle when bought only had one wiper (not fitted )and 2 new blades.
 The shorter one of the two is the one that came with it the other supplied by Craddocks and doesn't fit the arm is too long and has no adjustment. I looked at the early parts catalogue on s2c to find the wiper arm parts number 261503 Craddocks have this in stock. Question does the 1/4 inch collet fit directly on to the shaft and tighten without any other adapters.
And does anybody know if the fitting on the end can be removed as it looks like it would then fit the blades I have.
Thanks

autorover1

The Craddock 261503 looks to be fitted with 1/4" collet which will fit directly to a FW2 motor .   It is unlikely but possible  that the arm end could take the push on blade if you removed the fitting for the rubber pin type blade 

Gordon Lowe

Have you tried Charles Emberton Emberton Imperial Ltd
07940 190996

https://g.co/kgs/Fu8rJ2F
He offers a 5% discount for club members with the code in B2L

Boris60

Thanks for the tips, looked at Everton's I couldn't find the part when I searched for the part number and he's out of stock on a number of items wiper related. I note regarding the collet and unlikely hood of the wiper swap I'll have a good measure up before I order anything. The 1968 manual struck again with the 3rd digit missing from the parts number, great you can access the manual through the s2c.

w3526602

Hi,

Memory fades, but what is left suggests that I have used BMC SPRIDGET (Midget/Sprite) wiper arms and blades on my Landies,

They have modern type push-on splined arms, but both arms and blades are very short, to suit the very low windscreen height.

I also pondered (but never did) fitting a modern wiper motor, with a crank arm and pin, above the dash panel, and a "con-rod" to the wiper arm. Very simple, but don't get your fingers involved.

I never worked out how to cobble a connecting between the arm spindles, but the easy way would have been to fit two motors, each with a con-rod to each of the spindles. Posh!

PS. Tomorrow, I will describe how a corkscrew works ... without using my hands.  :confused

autorover1

Early Morris Minor ones fit as  LR went over to their part numbers for spares under BL rationalisation . Unfortunately Morris definition of LH & RH was different to Rover , so you needed to order a RH one for the LH side , guess how I know.  37H7847 & 37H7848 . They only seem to be for suffix F vehicles now

Craig T

That longer arm with the bend at the end of the arm looks like the type for the post Suffix D, April 1967 models where the wipers come through the bulkhead and not through the screen.
Look very similar to the ones on my SW.

Have a look at Holden classic car parts and see if anything there will suit?
https://www.holden.co.uk/

Craig.

whitehillbilly64

My 64 S2a had this set up.
Not sure of the wiper type?

whitehillbilly