News:

... and the sky is grey

Main Menu

2024 Club Rally Video

Started by Bloke, Sep 10, 2024, 09:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloke

Chris Mortimer has put together an excellent video of the 2024 Rally at Fakenham Racecourse. It's now available to watch on the club's YouTube channel.

Land Rover Series 2 Club YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/@LRSeries2Club/videos

Tom
1968 Series 2A 88" 2.25 Petrol (Mine)
1968 Series 2A 109" Station Wagon 2.6 Petrol (formally my Dad's - now sold)

diffwhine

The only downside is that I'm in it and for that I apologise. At least I managed to keep my P38 out of camera shot

Cracking video though. Thank you Chris for putting this together.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Chris866

It was nice for me to see what did happen over the weekend without my organiser hat on  :confused .  It looked like a good weekend ;)
- Membership secretary
- Anglia Area Rep
- Website admin

Peter Holden

I noticed a rather fine S2 prototype along with a super deluxe model owned by our chairman.  It just shows how inclusive we are (I am glad there weren't any jeeps though)

Peter

Genocache

Wittsend, was that your sedan in the group shot? Beautiful blue on that RRC. Thanks for the video!

diffwhine

It was Wittsend's latest purchase and yes a really lovely car. I even got thinking that I'd like one! The Blue RR Classic was a nice old bus given that it was a daily driver. As a petrol V8 with this country's fuel prices, he is a brave man!

It was nice to slot in a really smart Series One ("Series 2 Protptype") and also that Classic and the Rover. I felt that my "super deluxe model", as Peter calls it, was a bridge too far even though many people are now starting to regard good P38As as proper classics now.

Thats how it should be - the event was about the people - more so than their vehicles, and to me exemplifies what the club is about. We aren't too stuffy and fixated on things like that. Clearly if we all turned up in Ford Focuses, that wouldn't look good in a club display, but the odd interloper I think makes it all that bit more interesting.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Craig T

Great video and a great time had by all by the looks of it. I'll try to get a rally in the future, promise.

Craig.

Peter Holden

I have already sought permission for next years rally and the Christmas Pudding run on the 29th December.

Peter

Gibbo103

That Ford at Sculthorpe was a good test of door seals. The two series2s in our group got wet feet, but my Wolf stayed dry!