News:

... and the sky is grey

Main Menu

new to me , k reg s3

Started by BEAR1, Yesterday at 06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BEAR1

not a 2 or 2a  picked up my series 3 k reg  88 petrol rag top today , wife dont like it dog not to keen its been over 30 years since i had a series , time will tell

Alan Drover

It was my late wife who suggested back in the mid 80's that a Land Rover would be an ideal vehicle and all our dogs since then have loved going out in it. It's a 1975 Series 3.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Wittsend

Plenty of our club members and forum users have the Series 3 version and are very happy with them  :gold-cup

Some club members don't even own a Series 2 (or even a Land Rover)     

We'll take subs off anyone ....

Mycroft

I had an early K reg sIII. It's the one I regret selling really. Not hugely different, although that breather diaphragm thingy threw me a curveball at first. Damn fine car!
1964 88" Canvas Top ACR Petrol
1979 88" Truck cab Petrol Series III

Alan Drover

Members have been helpful to me regarding my Series 3. No snobbery here and no sneering just because I don't own a Series 2/2A. Recently I was able to get a pair of halfshafts from our chairman when I had diff problems and more recently when doing an antifreeze and hose change regarding 2.5 petrol engine parts.
So don't worry about not owning a Series 2. I was made welcome and so will you.
Mycroft, on the original 2.25 in my Series 3 I did away with that dreadful PCV valve and converted to the later system where the valve was deleted. Much better.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Mycroft

Quote from: Alan Drover on Yesterday at 07:23 PMMycroft, on the original 2.25 in my Series 3 I did away with that dreadful PCV valve and converted to the later system where the valve was deleted. Much better.

Quite right Alan.

In my case, it was a small moment of triumph as two local Land Rover mates had told me the engine was kaput. I replaced the breather diaphragm and it came to life.

I blame that tiny victory for all subsequent overconfidence in my Landy purchases!

James
1964 88" Canvas Top ACR Petrol
1979 88" Truck cab Petrol Series III