News:

... and the sky is gray   

Main Menu

Paddocks and Missing Stick

Started by darrenmidd, Sep 23, 2024, 09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darrenmidd

I am just at the finishing pieces of my S2A resto.
The last thing to do was install the hood sticks and put the canvas on, but to my surprise, the middle stick (see pic) was missing. I contacted Paddocks, and they said, "Tough luck. You only have 24 hours to alert us of missing parts, and after that, it is too late." I've spent thousands at Paddocks, and I just found their response so surprising.

Does anyone have any suggestions other than buying a whole new hood stick set?
I have contacted Exmoor directly to see if they have a single support stick but have received no response yet.

Is that usual for Paddocks? In the past, I have always found them good and fast with delivery. I just assumed they would be happy to resolve it with a replacement stick.

Cheers
Darren 

diffwhine

That's rotten luck Darren. I'm not sure what the supplier T&Cs are in this case, but I would guess they may have been a bit more amenable had you been in the UK. The freight cost of getting one to you is probably more than the component itself. Having worked with Land Rover parts most of my life, I know these issues do occur and I've been caught out myself on a number of occasions.

If you have had the hoop set squirrelled away for months and then find a bit is missing, it is down to the supplier to resolve only as a matter of goodwill. Clearly after any extended period, they can't be held responsible for a shortage in a kit as anything could have happened to it in the intervening period. Many is the time I have received parts back from dealers which have clearly been used, probably for test purposes and then thrown back at us weeks later. I can therefore see this from all sides.

Exmoor Trim should be able to assist in getting you a replacement, as can probably All Wheel Trim or Under Cover Covers. I do think however that somebody on this forum may well have one of these leaning up in the corner of a shed somewhere which just leaves the issue of getting it to you. I'll have a look myself later in case I've got one.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

darrenmidd

Thanks, bloke.

It's frustrating, but yes,  I think being in Oz makes a resolution more difficult.

Obviously, in the end, I'll have to pay for one just surprised at the lack of options offered.

Obviously, if anyone has one in happy to purchase and put freight. 

Cheers
Darren

whitehillbilly64

Funny enough the pipe work on an Old Hills Hoist is exactly the same 2 sizes as on the Hoop set.
That why I have kept one.
As you have one, another would not be hard to make up, if all else fails.

whitehillbilly

Ken

I think that heritage1948 sell individual sticks.

darrenmidd

I'm waiting on replies from Exmoor and Heritage for postage costs to see if it's viable. It's frustrating when they make the mistake and I'm paying for it!

scootlife

How long had you had it for before checking ? I always check items when received as they can have been mis packed at source so it's always important to check straight away and contact the supplier so they can report to the manufacturer. I can only assume you've had it quite some time.