News:

... and the sky is gray   

Main Menu

Switch - oil pressure - thread size?

Started by Henrik, Oct 06, 2024, 12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Drover

None of the switches I've come across has the cut in pressure on them.
I wonder if after all PRC6387 would fit.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Henrik

Thanks, the PRC6387 might be the correct switch but unfortunately it doesn´t fit a M10 tread.
¨normal¨oil pressure should be fairly the same in old engines like these, some one said 7 bars (not sure if that is correct).

Henrik

Alan Drover

It states PRC4404/PRC6387 with an M10 thread but you said Henrik that a PRC6387 doesn't fit. Somewhat confusing. Are you 100% certain that it is an M10 thread you've got?
1 bar is 14 psi which makes 7 bar 98 psi. I think you mean 7 psi which is 0.5 bar which is the cut in pressure.
Unfortunately I don't have a Tdi parts list to see which switch is fitted to those engines.
On Friday 11th I'm going to look at a 2.25 scrap diesel engine for any salvageable bits. I'll take my T piece and PRC6387 switch to see what fits what .
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Henrik

Tread gauges too be ordered!
The switch I got is the PRC6387, at least that what it says on the box....but it doesn´t fit the M10 thread. Maybe I got the wrong switch.....happend before.....
But to me it seems like the :
https://embertonimperial.com/products/lucas-oil-pressure-switch-prc4404-prc6387?_pos=6&_sid=8e822af8e&_ss=r
could do the job with M10x1 tread and a 0.5 bar cut.

Alan Drover

A parcel is arriving Friday. Depending on what time I may have to defer my trip to the diesel engine until Monday 14th.
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Alan Drover

It seems that the diesel engine I'm going to look at Monday has a spin on oil filter conversion so I'm going to buy  the filter assembly. I don't know if it's a Land Rover assembly or an aftermarket one.
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Alan Drover

I've now got the spin on filter adapter and it's a genuine Land Rover part ETC5347. It takes the PRC6387 pressure switch. My T piece doesn't fit.
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Wittsend

Going off on a tangent - does this help or just confuse ....

:RHD

Alan Drover

Looks almost identical to ETC5347. I'll leave mine as is, not too worried about getting a pressure gauge. I'll look into metric T pieces
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Alan Drover

....and here's my genuine ETC5347 for comparison with a genuine ERR3340 filter (and a Britpart pressure switch PRC6387).
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Henrik

Alan Drover

I've now cleaned the gasket face of the adapter. I reckon some idiot has used the mechanic's nightmare, silicone bathroom sealer, on it because it was rubbery. With the help of brake/clutch cleaner and a plastic scraper it's all gone.  I've just got to clean the oilways then I'll wrap it up to keep the crud out.
"Ça plane pour moi!"