News:

... and the sky is gray   

Main Menu

Battery location

Started by JohnR2, Oct 14, 2024, 01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnR2

I'm wondering where to put my battery - the V8 will preclude it being in the engine bay and with twin tanks my options are limited. I have considered making a box for it to sit between the chassis rails over the transmission but that would mean having to take the seat base out to access it. I could use remote terminals for charging etc so shouldn't need to get in there very often. Suggestions?

Richard

This Series 2 88" V8 at Brightwell's has the battery seemingly where it normally sits, front left – standing in front of the vehicle looking down on the engine... But I saw a '66 RHD Series 2a 109" for sale at the Dutch Marktplaats with V8 that doesn't have the battery in the engine bay (but the images don't show where it does sit...).
Richard
'64 S2a
'85 RRC

JohnR2

I'll have to put the wing back on to check that position - looks as though it may be further forwards than standard above the steering arm? I'm thinking I'd like to keep the engine bay as clean looking as possible so may have to put up with it being buried under the seats.

Gritstoner

I ran a V8 lightweight many years ago, twin tanks, the battery was under the bonnet so I'd have another look, I'm pretty sure the tray hadn't been moved or altered.

Seanlandy

Previous owner put mine in the rear tub, but think I may make up a cradle to sling it where the second fuel tank should be. Not a lot of room with the 300tdi installation. I don't like the looks of the battery between the two front seats.