News:

April showers   ... 

Main Menu

LR Optional Equipment

Started by 109+1, Aug 25, 2023, 03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gcc130

You could have the centre pto with v belts running an onboard welder.
Or run a powered trailer from the rear pto, there's been one on eBay for years...

NoBeardNoTopKnot

I've just found it. 'The Scottorn live axel (sic) trailer'

diffwhine

I did some trials with those trailers many years ago. Scary... very scary.
We used Bagshot Heath testing ground. If you did something like a steep decent and then a hard 90 degree turn, the powered trailer used to try and jackknife the Land Rover. It kept going forwards while the vehicle was moving 90 degrees in another direction. Nearly rolled one doing that.

Brilliant off road in the right hands, but needed a lot of skill to know when to have the drive engaged and when to read the terrain to disengage drive.

I'll pass on that one...
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Gritstoner

Quote from: diffwhine on Aug 27, 2023, 09:47 AMI did some trials with those trailers many years ago. Scary... very scary.
We used Bagshot Heath testing ground. If you did something like a steep decent and then a hard 90 degree turn, the powered trailer used to try and jackknife the Land Rover. It kept going forwards while the vehicle was moving 90 degrees in another direction. Nearly rolled one doing that.

Brilliant off road in the right hands, but needed a lot of skill to know when to have the drive engaged and when to read the terrain to disengage drive.

I'll pass on that one...
Was this the 101 trials or were they tested for other Land Rover variants?

A nice outcome of the intention for a powered trailer was there being a lever slot left vacant in the cab, which now houses the overdrive lever in mine.