News:

April showers   ... 

Main Menu

Auto Electrical Spares AES

Started by Adam1958, Sep 25, 2023, 08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam1958

Not sure this the done thing, just hoping I save someone else some grief; if you want to place an order with auto electrical spares in Warwickshire I'd recommend phoning them to see if they are still there. I've spent a month chasing an order and can't get hold of anyone by phone or email. The website is still live and takes payment. I've used them before and they were great. I don't know the circumstances of their apparent disappearance so can't judge. Hopefully it's just a glitch.

UXC1967

Hi, I did get a order from them end of August so they were still in business then, alway had good service from them in the past hopefully they haven't gone under. Paul

S2A V8

I put an order awhile ago, they took the payment but never sent the goods, they don,t reply to emails or anything else.
Ended up getting my money back from my credit card. They really have a bad rep on trust-pilot.

Countryview

I had a similar problem in the summer when buying a new Lucas flasher unit. Took payment, item was in stock but still waiting over a week later with no response to calls or emails. Ordered elsewhere and got a refund on my credit card which they challenged and magically sent the part in the interim about three weeks after my refund! Avoid them in my opinion as it seems nothing has changed and not just a blip.
1959 88" Series 2

Alan Drover

I bought a WOSP high torque starter motor and an uprated 75 amp A127 alternator and no problems. It was some time ago though so obviously something's gone wrong.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Alchad

Just for info, there is an Auto Electrical Spares which is Warwickshire and an Auto Electrical Supplies which is in Worcester. I've never dealt with the former but had a lot of good dealings with the latter. Might be easy to confuse the two?

Wittsend

Good point ^^^ very similar and confusing names  :shakinghead

I have always dealt with AES - Auto Electric Supplies who I can thoroughly recommend (along with Vehicle Wiring Products)  :gold-cup

Peter Holden

Alan Drover

The Tenbury Wells, Worcs, was the one I dealt with and had good service.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Countryview

Auto electrical spares were the company I ordered from and had issues with and would never use again.

I will remember to try the Worcester supplier next time given the good experiences had on here.
1959 88" Series 2

Rudiee

I have also had a bad experience from Auto Electrical Spares (Warwickshire). I had to go the credit card chargeback route aswell as he started ignoring my calls and emails. I can't understand how he's still in business after all of the bad reviews.

Deverill

Auto Electric Supplies is the one for me, fabulous service when I was rewiring Lizzy . Very often if ordered before midday they arrive the next day. Once you see there Blue logo you tend not to get mixed up, trouble is if you type AES into the google the Auto Electric Spares tends to come up first!! beware. I also think they are competitively priced?

Deeman

Just to confirm what others have said above that I found AES Auto Electric Supplies of Tenbury Wells Worcs to be a good supplier to deal with.