News:

Typical Bank Holiday weather ... 

Main Menu

UNFIT FOR PURPOSE (I mean me)

Started by w3526602, Jan 26, 2024, 03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wittsend

I recall Jeremy Clarkson testing this "city stop" feature on Top Gear. He tried it out on a hedge and the car didn't stop, it went straight through it  :thud

PS

I've heard the technology works on your car detecting a reflective rear number plate.
If so this means that cyclists (who I've always thought should have a number plate, be registered and insured) pedestrians and classic cars with a back & white (or silver) are NOT detected. Can this be true ???

diffwhine

If anybody thinks the average car owner's manual is onerous and cumbersome, just try reading one for a new tractor - New Holland and Fendt are the worst!
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Alan Drover

Quote from: Wittsend on Mar 11, 2024, 10:22 AMI recall Jeremy Clarkson testing this "city stop" feature on Top Gear. He tried it out on a hedge and the car didn't stop, it went straight through it  :thud

PS

I've heard the technology works on your car detecting a reflective rear number plate.
If so this means that cyclists (who I've always thought should have a number plate, be registered and insured) pedestrians and classic cars with a back & white (or silver) are NOT detected. Can this be true ???

In which case I'd better attach the NATO hitch on its slider plate to the towbar as I've got black and silver plates.That should cause havoc to modern bodywork.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"