News:

Typical Bank Holiday weather ... 

Main Menu

Engine oil

Started by Bigdog, Oct 15, 2023, 02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wittsend

A Halfords trade card is good if you can get one - better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

A few years back I tried to do a deal for S2C members but no go.
As a Director I could get one, but I didn't think that was right.

People poo poo Halfords, but they are open till 4:00pm on a Sunday.
Also, for a few extra pennies they will change headlight bulbs, batteries, wiper blades, key fob batteries and fit dash cams.
Easy peasy for Series 2 owners - but the intricacies of modern cars, it's better (for me) to have someone else do it.

I believe, read somewhere, that Halfords classic oil had an element of re-cycled oil in it.
Of course Halfords don't make oil, so maybe that's a common trend these days ???

I do like the green colour of Duckhams Oil.

:RHD

Peter Holden

I used Halfords good ols 20/50 mineral oil last time.  I have a trade card and can order on line and pick up in store.  I also have a blue light card which also gives me 10% but I cannot combine them.  I have also used Mannol oil.

I change the oil on the land rover, camper and car  much more frequently than the the recommendation.  Oil and filter changes are one of the cheapest easiest forms of maintenance there is.

Peter

NoBeardNoTopKnot

Doubt we'd get too much discount on oils, aside from the classic branded stuff, there's not much margin in it.

Wittsend

My dad said "Oil is the cheapest component in the engine".

:oil-spill