News:

Typical Bank Holiday weather ... 

Main Menu

What did you do with your Series 2 in July ...

Started by Wittsend, Jul 05, 2023, 11:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatekrash

Went to the local country show today in the rain, they did a Land Rover lineup in the main arena, more than 30 lined up. A good number of S1's and S2's amongst the boingys, although I only saw a couple of S3's.

Mrs G went on her 1961 Triumph 3TA. I think I had the better end of the bargain given the weather !

Mr Ed

El lunes instalé los frenos delanteros nuevos de 11 pulgadas,

el martes monté las mazas delanteras nuevas,

el miércoles monté las mazas de rueda libre,

y hoy compré un diferencial de segunda mano, se ve bien, pero lo voy a desarmar para comprobarlo antes de instalarlo.

A la hora de desarmar, aprovecharé para instalar bloqueo ARB.

Ha sido una semana provechosa en marcha para mi 88. :Frío
Everyday better...
88 Station Wagon 1966
Ex Army

Wittsend

..... or .....

On Monday I installed the new 11 inch front brakes,

On Tuesday I mounted the new front hubs,

On Wednesday I mounted the freewheel hubs,

and today I bought a second hand diff, it looks good but I am going to take it apart to check it before I install it.

At the time of dismantling, I will take the opportunity to install an ARB locker.

It's been a helpful week underway for my 88. :cold

Mr Ed

I take advantage of uploading a photo. :salud Amigo You cannot view this attachment.

Also change the wheel bolts, I put longer ones, because later I will put other wheels where the standard bolts will be very short.
Everyday better...
88 Station Wagon 1966
Ex Army

ChrisJC

Got an MOT (even though unnecessary), and celebrated by taking in a short green lane on the way home.

Chris.

Tom66

Finished my bulkhead foot and new lower door pillar section.

GHOBHW

playing with my steering relay, new spring vs old spring

probably hasn't been touched since 64, didn't realise the difference til I put them next to each other.

Gareth

Finally got around to fitting the proper deep sills back to my 109.

Many years ago, when I was in my off roading and green laning phase, I fitted rock slider sills. Now I'm over that, I thought it would be nice to put it back as it should be.

I hunted around and acquired all the bits, YRM for the brackets. Paddocks for a couple of panels. I think they look much better. A bit fiddly but easy enough with a bit of fettling.

One side done, one to go.

TimV

Saw my first Grenadier last night, it's a bit of a beast! And in an urban environment as well.

Today checking the electrics for a visit to the LR show in Shepton Mallet tomorrow.

RATA1

Fitted my new front springs and newly painted diff and axle.
S2 88
D4 XXV

diffwhine

We've been busy in the Club cutaway engine. Starting to look like an engine again as opposed to a pile of bits. Found some more bits I'm missing so will post on the main thread.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Peter Holden

Drove the land rover 70 miles each way to attend the Cumbria Steam gathering

VOD80

Did a spot of gardening.

Also checking out how to add photos using my phone...

Peter Holden

Not exactly what I have done but yesterday I got a parcel from Rob Maude.

A couple of weeks ago I sent him the components of a 1958 apron, he has very kindly rivetted them together and has added the webbing side pieces.

I was given this by our very kind treasurer Tom Pilling.I had the galv strip regalvanised and  afriend who runs the local welding place welded some new metal into the aluminium part where it was knackered

It is a thing of beauty if you ignore my poor quality painting.

I just have to find time to fit it now

Peter

Kev

Got bored, drove a lane.
I can't post large pics, sorry.🙂