News:

April showers   ... 

Main Menu

The all new Spotted thread.

Started by Kev, Jul 20, 2023, 08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kev

What have you seen whilst out and about?
Snap a pic. and post it here. :gold-cup

I'll start:
Spotted in Warwickshire, nice patina, and clean headlamps indicates its still in use.
Anyone on here?

*****EDIT***** How do I enlarge the image please?🤔

diffwhine

Resting...

1966 109 2.25 Petrol Pickup One owner from new. Still runs!
Won't say more than its not far from here happy in a barn. We will pull it out at some point and go through it.

Not strictly a "barn find". We know its there because we put it in there about 20 years ago...! You can only find something if you've lost it in the beginning.

You cannot view this attachment.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Theshed

Spotted in Captivity.
Apparently this was discovered semi-derelict, on a Royal Estate and on orders from the then Prince Charles was refurbished by Apprentices at Lode Lane.

Betsy1969

Spotted today parked in the petrol station at Tibshelf services. Is it a members vehicle ?

Alan Drover

DVLA records show it as green but the MOT history shows it as cream.
Most of its MOT failures were with brake problems. No corrosion issues not even in advisories.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Exile

Have to love a LWB Station Wagon in Limestone. :essen

Are those Avon Traction Mileage tyres - in 7.00x16?  If so they are not easy to find, or cheap.

The side view shows that rot in the the middle row door needs attention soon.

A real faff of a job, as my picture shows. (Both doors done  :'( )

Theshed  I take it pic 3 shows a gun rack not a wooden cup holder.

Did you get any more pics of the roofless range rover also in shot?

Betsy only green bits appear to be courtesy of the roof gutter, the paint does look reasonably fresh though.

Exile I did wonder if my eyes were playing tricks on me as they did not look like 7.50s not large enough, yet were too big to be 6.00s.  I will hold my hands up and say I did not know 7.00s existed so I have learn something new.

Re door repair do the firm that supply the repair channel shown in black also provide the swaged contoured profile that goes between the door top and the diagonal back edge.  Who do you recommend as stockist.

If only land rover galvanised doors bottoms as per 86/88/107/109 s1.

autorover1

7:00 x 16 tyres were standard on LWB Series One LR. 7:50 x 16 only came about with S2

were 6.50 air portable and sankey or were they used on civilian factory models.

9.00 on one ton and fc.

Incidentally what width rim is required for a 9.00.

22900013A

Quote from: 2286 on Jul 28, 2023, 02:45 PMwere 6.50 air portable and sankey or were they used on civilian factory models.

9.00 on one ton and fc.

Incidentally what width rim is required for a 9.00.

6.5x16" rims for 900-16 tyres.

Exile

Quote from: 2286 on Jul 28, 2023, 12:23 PMRe door repair do the firm that supply the repair channel shown in black also provide the swaged contoured profile that goes between the door top and the diagonal back edge.  Who do you recommend as stockist.

The middle row door-repair section is for a later Defender and is not completely identical to original. However it was the only repair piece I could find that had the upstands at each end.
You have to cut off the door restraint runner and weld it to the repair section.
As I said, a complete faff - especially if you have to do two doors!

Think I got them from SP Panels, but an online search will show.....

Kev

Spotted today in Leicester.
Unusual paint job.
Anyone on here?

****Oh bograts🙄*****
Can modmin spin my pics around please?🏆

Craig T

Back in my day, we had to use straight lengths of door repair section. Not the easiest job but well worth saving the original doors.

Nice to see another F-reg limestone wagon out there. Be interesting to compare with mine but I would have to fix their window wiper mechanism while I was there so they park and operate properly...

Craig.

Quote from: Kev on Aug 03, 2023, 10:54 AMSpotted today in Leicester.
Unusual paint job.
Anyone on here?

****Oh bograts🙄*****
Can modmin spin my pics around please?🏆

I believe they refer to it as 'urban camo', not working in this instance as we can all see it.

The additional three stripes is a mystery.

Like it or loath it someone has spent some time money and effort on doing it.

Cannot tell if its vinyl or paint.  I would imagine you would be hard pressed to find another,DVLA shows it as BLUE.

Re door repair section is that the best way to buy it in straight lengths and mitre it to suit.

Beowulf

Quote from: Kev on Jul 20, 2023, 08:31 AM*****EDIT***** How do I enlarge the image please?🤔

Kev, you might already know this by now, but just in case you don`t, the thumbnail image can be enlarged by anyone who clicks on it  :tiphat
Fred
2A Or Not 2A, That Is The Question ~ William Shakespeare