News:

April showers   ... 

Main Menu

The all new Spotted thread.

Started by Kev, Jul 20, 2023, 08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Hywel

Quote from: diffwhine on Aug 20, 2023, 09:31 PMIs the Top Hinge upside down?

Paul

Well spotted! It is too!

[/quote]

On the wrong side, surely?

diffwhine

Well true. The point being that it is wrong. I daresay had I pointed that out in Marlborough High Street on Saturday morning, that my wife would finally have given up on me.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Spotted Ineos Grenadier

VRM GR23NDR

Kev

Quote from: diffwhine on Aug 20, 2023, 05:33 PMTo be fair an all new Spotted thread could refer to anything. Even a suspect named pudding... I like the idea of keeping it vague. It becomes an "anything of interest" thread.

Don't even tempt me!👿

I got a right bollocking from the boss last time I posted a pic of a line up of Sports.😂

Kev

Quote from: Alan Drover on Aug 19, 2023, 03:22 PMA sign written new "Defender SWB" seen yesterday advertising a paving business.

Was it silver with blue lettering by any chance?🤔

Alan Drover

I think it might have been. It was a 21 plate.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Kev

We had one in the other week.👍

Beowulf

What would you do with this Land Rover, use it and get it dirty or lock it away in a very safe hiding place?
The biding reached £42,000, a miserly £4,000 short of its reserve :thud I know it was £46,000 because at the end of the auction, that figure appeared with an invitation to make an offer. I resisted the temptation to put one in  ;)

https://www.carandclassic.com/auctions/1999-land-rover-winter-water-wolf-4owJk4
Fred
2A Or Not 2A, That Is The Question ~ William Shakespeare

diffwhine

Interesting... I bought one for somebody in 2019. Cost less than half that IIRC! This one is also missing its duvet... That's the arctic lining for the tilt.

Kev

Quote from: Beowulf on Aug 27, 2023, 03:15 PMWhat would you do with this Land Rover, use it and get it dirty or lock it away in a very safe hiding place?
The biding reached £42,000, a miserly £4,000 short of its reserve :thud I know it was £46,000 because at the end of the auction, that figure appeared with an invitation to make an offer. I resisted the temptation to put one in  ;)

https://www.carandclassic.com/auctions/1999-land-rover-winter-water-wolf-4owJk4

Where did you spot the Land Rover?
This is the spotted thread old bean.🧐

Beowulf

Quote from: Kev on Aug 27, 2023, 06:58 PMWhere did you spot the Land Rover?
This is the spotted thread old bean.🧐

Ah yes, I see what you mean  :tiphat
Fred
2A Or Not 2A, That Is The Question ~ William Shakespeare

Quote from: diffwhine on Aug 27, 2023, 03:27 PMInteresting... I bought one for somebody in 2019. Cost less than half that IIRC! This one is also missing its duvet... That's the arctic lining for the tilt.

Last one I noticed on the internet auction site earlier this year was £7k that is some difference....

island dormy

Spotted today on Vancouver Island Canada

2 Landrover Series 2 club members standing patiently near my 62 dormobile outside a store waiting for me to come back.
We had a very nice chat they are over here on Holidays and I guess they missed their own 1965 short wheel base land rover, I think he said his name was Alex I can not remember his wifes name.

Its a small world.

Victor
1962 Dormobile in the family since 1964
1969 NADA Dormobile 2.6L #800 out of 811 NADAS built

diffwhine

Went to look at something interesting... I'm starting a new thread on this.

Took some digging to get to it. Nettles are shoulder high. A long time with machete to get to it.

Technically we didn't find it as again it wasn't lost. We knew it was there, but could have done with a drone to track it down!

You cannot view this attachment.

Kaney