News:

April showers   ... 

Main Menu

The all new Spotted thread.

Started by Kev, Jul 20, 2023, 08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kev

Yeah, but it would be nice to see them the right way around, and larger without faffing around clicking.👍

Click on the pic not the text.

If you accidentally hover over the text it initiates download of the image, and depending on your system it may not allow this.

diffwhine

Seen in Marlborough High Street this morning. Very smart!
Anybody in here?You cannot view this attachment.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Alan Drover

A sign written new "Defender SWB" seen yesterday advertising a paving business.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Oddjob

Spotted this big fella a while back in Ealing. Tallest Series 2 I've seen.

:cheers-man

Calum

Who did I pass on the M6 North today then? Late 2a 109", bronze green, YAA ***J or similar. I was in my 88"

Kev

Quote from: Alan Drover on Aug 19, 2023, 03:22 PMA sign written new "Defender SWB" seen yesterday advertising a paving business.

Not a Series then. How very dare you.🤔

Alan Drover

Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

diffwhine

To be fair an all new Spotted thread could refer to anything. Even a suspect named pudding... I like the idea of keeping it vague. It becomes an "anything of interest" thread.

Birdsnest55

Quote from: diffwhine on Aug 19, 2023, 11:55 AMSeen in Marlborough High Street this morning. Very smart!

Is the Top Hinge upside down?

Paul
1965 109" 200TDi with a 5 speed gearbox and 3.54 diffs.

Larry S

Quote from: Oddjob on Aug 19, 2023, 09:10 PMSpotted this big fella a while back in Ealing. Tallest Series 2 I've seen.

:cheers-man

Mine is sitting taller than I'd like; the backend is a little taller than the front as well. The Rocky Mountain Parabolics haven't 'settled' yet even though everything but the roof, sidewalls and rear door have been attached since 2019.

In the attached pic you can see it. The wife is 5'2"/157.48cm tall.
'63 SIIa 88 Station Wagon named Grover

Mpudi: So how did the land rover get up the tree?
Steyn: Do you know she has flowers on her panties?
Mpudi: So that's how it got up the tree.

diffwhine

Larry I'd expect the rear to sit a bit higher than the front. It looks better than dragging its rear end round like a knackered Pinzgauer. They do sit high those RM springs though. I think it suits it though.

diffwhine

Paul
[/quote]

Well spotted! It is too!

Larry S

Quote from: diffwhine on Aug 20, 2023, 09:29 PMLarry I'd expect the rear to sit a bit higher than the front. It looks better than dragging its rear end round like a knackered Pinzgauer. They do sit high those RM springs though. I think it suits it though.

It doesn't bother me as much now as it did when it was all put together.  I know installing the top will lower the backend a bit as well.

The main issue though is the front propeller shaft isn't installed.  When I went to install it in 2018 it was at its full extension. I was told then that the parabolics need to relax more.  In 2019, with most of the body panels attached, it was still too extended to install. I was then told to drive it over bumpy terrain a bit to relax them.  I did that, but still not enough.  This time last year I attempted again to attach it and at that time it was a lot better, but still extended.  I'm getting ready to make another attempt, hopefully it'll work this time.

On the bright side though... SWMBO is starting to insist on sidesteps.  It's good when the spouse starts to insist on adding options!

Larry S

Quote from: Birdsnest55 on Aug 20, 2023, 06:10 PM
Quote from: diffwhine on Aug 19, 2023, 11:55 AMSeen in Marlborough High Street this morning. Very smart!

Paul

I'm guilty of that.  When I  first installed the doors I had them backwards and upside down.